On 3/7/2018 at 7:36 PM, Ange1414 said:

I've lived in a Long Island suburb my entire life, my current college is in a very wealthy suburb and I am so not accustomed to anything urban. I wanted to break out of my comfort zone a bit and that is why I applied, but I am nervous it will be too much of a drastic change for me.

Where do you find the to-do list on your portal?

On 3/7/2018 at 7:36 PM, Ange1414 said:

I've lived in a Long Island suburb my entire life, my current college is in a very wealthy suburb and I am so not accustomed to anything urban. I wanted to break out of my comfort zone a bit and that is why I applied, but I am nervous it will be too much of a drastic change for me.

That makes a lot of sense. Going to a school they you're going to feel uncomfortable at for two years doesn't seem super productive. Maybe try to do a visit before you commit?

I went to their Open House (two of them because one was just for grad students) and I absolutely fell in love with the program (back in October/November), but the fact that they are taking SOOOO LONG to send us the results, sort of changes how I feel about the program. I was also accepted to another school that made me feel the same way I felt for Kean (and it is a way smaller program and in NY--where I am from), so I might attend that one. Kean told me that it will take 4-6 weeks for them to make a decision (when deadlines are April 15th for most schools, I find that ridiculous). If you are leaning towards Kean they have a big variety of elective classes that you could choose from and their focus is autism and aphasia I believe. Hope this helps. @hopefulSLP2be7

15 hours ago, haneyjcdis18 said:

That makes a lot of sense. Going to a school they you're going to feel uncomfortable at for two years doesn't seem super productive. Maybe try to do a visit before you commit?

Yeah i saw how you can plan a tour so I might just do that to get a better feel, but I am and trying to stay close to home and make life easier.

12 hours ago, evf said:

I went to their Open House (two of them because one was just for grad students) and I absolutely fell in love with the program (back in October/November), but the fact that they are taking SOOOO LONG to send us the results, sort of changes how I feel about the program. I was also accepted to another school that made me feel the same way I felt for Kean (and it is a way smaller program and in NY--where I am from), so I might attend that one. Kean told me that it will take 4-6 weeks for them to make a decision (when deadlines are April 15th for most schools, I find that ridiculous). If you are leaning towards Kean they have a big variety of elective classes that you could choose from and their focus is autism and aphasia I believe. Hope this helps. @hopefulSLP2be7

Thank you for all that information! I can't believe they said 4-6 weeks, wow.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:42 PM, lmcslp said:

Hi! I submitted my application to Temple the week of the due date. Still haven't heard back yet, but I know some people have. I just checked my portal and under the to-do list, there was a check mark that says "You have outstanding financial aid requirements that are preventing your reward from being processed" and it is marked as complete. Did anyone else notice this? Should I be excited that there is a potential financial aid award for acceptance or does everyone go through this step?? I'm just going crazy and need to hear some good news!! :P

I don't have this, mine says complete and ready for review 

Did anyone that been waitlisted at La Salle receive an email from their graduate college saying an admission counselor would be contacting you? It seemed like it was just a mass email, but I just received it on tuesday. Did anyone that was accepted already get this email before they hear about their acceptance?

10 hours ago, haneyjcdis18 said:

Did anyone that been waitlisted at La Salle receive an email from their graduate college saying an admission counselor would be contacting you? It seemed like it was just a mass email, but I just received it on tuesday. Did anyone that was accepted already get this email before they hear about their acceptance?

I looked at the result forum and saw that people who were waitlisted, rejected and accepted all received the email. I think it was a technical glitch.

I went to La Salle's open house, and the director told us that the parking lot for the speech building is right behind the building. It's not in an area that I would walk off of campus, but it is a great school. There is also a school for the Deaf on campus if you are interested in that for a clinical!

I see on the results page that someone received a rejection email from Temple today - has anyone else heard from them today? I wasn't expecting to hear anything from them until late next week, but after seeing that someone did hear back I can't help but constantly refresh my email again. 

The wait is killing me! This process is definitely aging me. 

13 minutes ago, stacymawie said:

I see on the results page that someone received a rejection email from Temple today - has anyone else heard from them today? I wasn't expecting to hear anything from them until late next week, but after seeing that someone did hear back I can't help but constantly refresh my email again. 

The wait is killing me! This process is definitely aging me. 

I didn't hear anything from Temple today either but I did see someone else did. With over 700 applicants I just feel like I have no shot.. lol

20 minutes ago, SLPhopeful56 said:

I didn't hear anything from Temple today either but I did see someone else did. With over 700 applicants I just feel like I have no shot.. lol

I feel the same way... I feel pretty sure that I am going to be rejected, but I just want the official rejection so I can stop waiting!

On 3/9/2018 at 12:42 PM, lmcslp said:

Hi! I submitted my application to Temple the week of the due date. Still haven't heard back yet, but I know some people have. I just checked my portal and under the to-do list, there was a check mark that says "You have outstanding financial aid requirements that are preventing your reward from being processed" and it is marked as complete. Did anyone else notice this? Should I be excited that there is a potential financial aid award for acceptance or does everyone go through this step?? I'm just going crazy and need to hear some good news!! :P

Did you end up hearing from temple?

On 3/22/2018 at 9:47 AM, haneyjcdis18 said:

Hey folks! I just emailed West Chester about a time frame of when we'll be hearing back from them. When I get a response I'll be sure to post their answers her!

Well I heard back today, the response was sometime between April 1st and April 15th. Not very helpful, but at least I know not to worry until Monday.