Hi, 

I applied to Temple, Salus, and La Salle and wanted to start a thread about these schools for fall 2018. Does anyone know how competitive they are this year?

When will we hear back (from what I understand):

Salus: rolling (after interviewing) 

Temple: mid to late March

Ls Salle: last week of February 

Hi, I applied to West Chester and La Salle. I know West Chester doesn't start sending decisions for a while but for La Salle, I was wondering if anyone knew if they would be sending out decisions soon like last year or the beginning of march like they have in the past? 

Hi guys! I also applied to La Salle and saw on a post from last year that there are only 25 spots available for the program and 10 of those spots are reserved for their undergraduate students. I'd say it is pretty competitive. I haven't heard back from them yet either. 

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Ange1414

1 hour ago, evf said:

That is wonderful!! Congratulations :)
The only school I applied to in PA is La Salle as well.

I thought I had no shot at getting accepted so it was a pleasant surprise!

@Ange1414
 Anytime :)
I know how overwhelming it is to wait and then get that acceptance.
I applied to the same schools as you(besides Adelphi) and a few more.

I know Kean gets back to us much later-.-

Good luck with the rest of your results.

18 hours ago, evf said:

@Ange1414
 Anytime :)
I know how overwhelming it is to wait and then get that acceptance.
I applied to the same schools as you(besides Adelphi) and a few more.

I know Kean gets back to us much later-.-

Good luck with the rest of your results.

I am very anxious about Kean. The video that they made us make was so weird! Mine is sooooo awkward!

Thank you so much best of luck to you as well! 

@Ange1414  hahahaah I hated that video soooo much, it took me like  a month and I am still not happy with it!
I ended up getting rejected from La Salle but it's ok I was expected to another two schools so far.

Hello! I heard from Temple in the beginning of February  -  trying to find out more information about this program (besides for what is available on the website). If anyone has any insight or personal experience with this program, I would be very appreciative of any info you would be willing to share!

Does anyone have any insight on La Salle, Temple, or West Chester? I am a current undergrad at West Chester and love the campus/area. Some of the professors are tough and not my favorite, but others are great! I feel like you're going to get that anywhere you go. I so far have gotten accepted to La Salle and am still waiting on Temple and West Chester. My heart was always set on West Chester, but now that I've gotten into La Salle (also Montclair) I am not 100% sure which school will be the best fit for me. 

3 hours ago, Marx333 said:

Does anyone have any insight on La Salle, Temple, or West Chester? I am a current undergrad at West Chester and love the campus/area. Some of the professors are tough and not my favorite, but others are great! I feel like you're going to get that anywhere you go. I so far have gotten accepted to La Salle and am still waiting on Temple and West Chester. My heart was always set on West Chester, but now that I've gotten into La Salle (also Montclair) I am not 100% sure which school will be the best fit for me. 

I was accepted to La Salle as well and I'm a little apprehensive because of the area it is in. I live on Long Island right now, which is typical suburbia. I heard the area around is crime ridden, but that is only what I have read online so it might not be true. Are you from Philly? Do you know what the area is like around La Salle?

11 hours ago, Ange1414 said:

I was accepted to La Salle as well and I'm a little apprehensive because of the area it is in. I live on Long Island right now, which is typical suburbia. I heard the area around is crime ridden, but that is only what I have read online so it might not be true. Are you from Philly? Do you know what the area is like around La Salle?

My parents took me to La Salle to look there as an undergrad and kept driving because they refused to send me there because of the area

42 minutes ago, black iced said:

My parents took me to La Salle to look there as an undergrad and kept driving because they refused to send me there because of the area

Wow! Thanks for the info. I am definitely going to keep that in mind when making a decision.

I was waitlisted at La Salle, I know for me the area is not a huge concern because being from north central Ohio I've spent a lot of time in Cleveland and Detroit. Both areas are comparable to the part of Philly La Salle is in and personally if you use some common sense its not a bad place to live. (other than rent prices. $$$ yikes!)

20 hours ago, Ange1414 said:

I am from NJ, but go to undergrad in PA at West Chester. My boyfriend lives in Philly and his older sister went to under grad at La Salle (not for speech). I know for sure that Temple is in a very unsafe area, but I think La Salle is slightly better. His sister told me that it was a great school, just not safe off campus. If you're not used to the inner city environment, I wouldn't necessarily turn down a grad school offer, but would be very cautious when traveling off of campus. I would just carry pepper spray with me and always pay attention to my surroundings. I hope that helps!

13 minutes ago, Marx333 said:

I am from NJ, but go to undergrad in PA at West Chester. My boyfriend lives in Philly and his older sister went to under grad at La Salle (not for speech). I know for sure that Temple is in a very unsafe area, but I think La Salle is slightly better. His sister told me that it was a great school, just not safe off campus. If you're not used to the inner city environment, I wouldn't necessarily turn down a grad school offer, but would be very cautious when traveling off of campus. I would just carry pepper spray with me and always pay attention to my surroundings. I hope that helps!

Yes that is very helpful! Are you thinking about going to La Salle?

2 hours ago, haneyjcdis18 said:

I was waitlisted at La Salle, I know for me the area is not a huge concern because being from north central Ohio I've spent a lot of time in Cleveland and Detroit. Both areas are comparable to the part of Philly La Salle is in and personally if you use some common sense its not a bad place to live. (other than rent prices. $$$ yikes!)

I've lived in a Long Island suburb my entire life, my current college is in a very wealthy suburb and I am so not accustomed to anything urban. I wanted to break out of my comfort zone a bit and that is why I applied, but I am nervous it will be too much of a drastic change for me.

Hi! I submitted my application to Temple the week of the due date. Still haven't heard back yet, but I know some people have. I just checked my portal and under the to-do list, there was a check mark that says "You have outstanding financial aid requirements that are preventing your reward from being processed" and it is marked as complete. Did anyone else notice this? Should I be excited that there is a potential financial aid award for acceptance or does everyone go through this step?? I'm just going crazy and need to hear some good news!! :P