SJSU MSW Program for 2018

cfsmsw

Did you guys get that generic email today, SJSU MSW Application Update? My stomach flipped when I saw the subject line, and then I opened the email and it's not specific to my application. Oh well. It's good to get some information though! I hope I don't have to wait as late as June 1 to get in! Good luck to you all!

Hi everyone!

I checked my SJSU portal and was notified that I was accepted. My friend also found out through the portal and called SJSU to clarify since we both didn't receive an email from SJSU saying anything about getting admitted, but it reflected we did on the portal. They let her know that we will be notified either by email or through mail that we were accepted. Hopefully this post has been helpful!

58 minutes ago, jenMSW2018 said:

Hi everyone!

I checked my SJSU portal and was notified that I was accepted. My friend also found out through the portal and called SJSU to clarify since we both didn't receive an email from SJSU saying anything about getting admitted, but it reflected we did on the portal. They let her know that we will be notified either by email or through mail that we were accepted. Hopefully this post has been helpful!

Congrats!   will you be accepting your admission?

1 hour ago, cfsmsw said:

Congrats!   will you be accepting your admission?

SJSU was originally my first choice, but I’m starting to weigh out the pros and cons of attending CSULB and SJSU. I haven’t really been able to sit and think about it yet

17 hours ago, jenMSW2018 said:

Hi everyone!

The same thing happened to me! I checked yesterday and my status changed to "accepted" but hadn't received an email or a letter so I was unsure if it was real! lol, I'm very superstitious and didn't want to jinx anything.. but I guess it is real since the same thing happened to the two of you? this is very exciting!! Did they give a timeline of when we can expect to hear from them? 

2 hours ago, NKA said:

The same thing happened to me! I checked yesterday and my status changed to "accepted" but hadn't received an email or a letter so I was unsure if it was real! lol, I'm very superstitious and didn't want to jinx anything.. but I guess it is real since the same thing happened to the two of you? this is very exciting!! Did they give a timeline of when we can expect to hear from them? 

Congrats! looks like they're letting online/hybrid applicants know first.... unless someone in here got into the 2 year program already... which i'm assuming no..

17 hours ago, jenMSW2018 said:

SJSU was originally my first choice, but I’m starting to weigh out the pros and cons of attending CSULB and SJSU. I haven’t really been able to sit and think about it yet

Cool, keep us updated to which school you decided on. 

4 hours ago, NKA said:

I hope it's real LOL my friend confirmed, so I'm sure it is real! CONGRATS on getting in! No timeline yet.

1 hour ago, cfsmsw said:

Congrats! looks like they're letting online/hybrid applicants know first.... unless someone in here got into the 2 year program already... which i'm assuming no..

the only people I know that got in applied to the online program, so I think they're letting them know first.

17 hours ago, NKA said:

I received an email from SJSU to check my portal. The message basically said that congrats on getting in and that we should be getting something within two weeks. Now we know it's real =)

3 hours ago, jenMSW2018 said:

I received an email from SJSU to check my portal. The message basically said that congrats on getting in and that we should be getting something within two weeks. Now we know it's real =)

I got the same email! I feel like I can now officially celebrate and tell people! I’m so excited and so relieved!!! 

On 3/30/2018 at 10:26 AM, NKA said:

I got the same email! I feel like I can now officially celebrate and tell people! I’m so excited and so relieved!!! 

If you don't mind me asking when did you submit your application?

10 hours ago, danie89 said:

If you don't mind me asking when did you submit your application?

From what i read, she submitted her application in early January. 

ChincanaMSW2018 applied late and hasn't heard back yet... I'm only assuming she would be admitted to SJSU because she got into UCB so there's no doubt she should be admitted.

Looks like they are reviewing applications by order of when they were received. 

On 4/3/2018 at 8:05 PM, cfsmsw said:

From what i read, she submitted her application in early January. 

ChincanaMSW2018 applied late and hasn't heard back yet... I'm only assuming she would be admitted to SJSU because she got into UCB so there's no doubt she should be admitted.

Looks like they are reviewing applications by order of when they were received. 

I just saw someone post that they were accepted via website (which I'm guessing means the portal?) yesterday.... does anyone that applied to the on-campus options have any updates??? I'm still at "referred to grad dept"

30 minutes ago, ktl510 said:

Yesterday I checked my portal and it said “Accepted - Classified Graduate”!!!!! I applied about a week before the application was due for the 2-year program. I’m so excited! Now just need to decide between CSULB and SJSU.

Congratulations to you, share with us which you decide on! :) 

Thanks for sharing the information! Hopefully I will hear soon! I applied the day before due date I believe. 

Edited by ChicanaMSW2018

7 hours ago, BananaSlug4MSW said:

I just saw someone post that they were accepted via website (which I'm guessing means the portal?) yesterday.... does anyone that applied to the on-campus options have any updates??? I'm still at "referred to grad dept"

Where do you see that? I don't see any new results...

On 4/5/2018 at 1:27 PM, ktl510 said:

Yesterday I checked my portal and it said “Accepted - Classified Graduate”!!!!! I applied about a week before the application was due for the 2-year program. I’m so excited! Now just need to decide between CSULB and SJSU.

Congrats! Is this for the online or on-campus program?