Quinoa96

Hey y'all! I just recently got the recent of my scholarship package from UChicago, and I just have some questions about cost of living and tuition. I know that whenever I college posts its overall tuition, it is more of an average estimate. 

With that being said I received $25,900 in scholarships, $4,860 for Work Study, $20,000 in unsub loans, and $27,769 in gradplus loan. I obviously do not intend on taking out all of those loans, but I also am not as afraid of taking out loans as most people are. Do y'all think that these are good numbers to have as far as funding is concerned? Also I figured, that some of the money could go towards housing (hence why I'm down for taking out some loans at least for my first year so I can get situated)

Just trying to make some informed decisions about college lmfao. Thanks y'all!

28 minutes ago, stheart said:

@Quinoa96 @MSWApplicantFall2018 I want to ask for more money, but don't know how to go about it. Makes me feel uncomfortable. :(

I was worried about this as well after my initial scholarship offer! I asked some of my friends who are current SSA students and they said to absolutely ask for more money and advised me to write to the person who signed my offer letter. 

I was offered 6,000 more than my original offer.

On 2/22/2018 at 12:36 PM, stheart said:

@HannahRae @MSWApplicantFall2018 They got back to me! I got $5,900 more! Woohoo!!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

I live right up the street from UChicago so let me know if you want and info about housing around here or stuff about the neighborhood in general!!

On 2/23/2018 at 5:53 PM, HannahRae said:

I live right up the street from UChicago so let me know if you want and info about housing around here or stuff about the neighborhood in general!!

I would love that!!! I'll send you a message. I hate being lonely so I'm really not looking forward to living by myself in a studio or 1 BR, if I can avoid it!

• 3 weeks later...