Sanford MPP Fall 2018

20 minutes ago, mppapp2018 said:

I haven't seen a topic for Sanford for this year. Has anyone received any updates or know of any dates? 

I haven't heard any updates, but I'm hoping we'll hear back soon - looks like they've sent results around this time the last couple years. 

4 minutes ago, wakandaforever said:

Congrats to all!

Can you all share how your financial aid packages look like? I have $18,000 in tuition fellowship but that is it and I recall Duke is quite generous!

You should consider yourself lucky as compared to me...I have 2,000$...-_-. Luckily I have a better offer from Harris which is my preference over Duke anyway, so maybe I can use my admission here to negotiate a better deal with Harris.

I was offered a tuition fellowship covering nearly all of the '18-'19 tuition...! To be reconsidered for the following year. 

A few programs seem to have admitted students' days the same weekend - anyone else in this predicament? (not complaining...! happy to have multiple acceptances)

1 hour ago, Ellen123 said:

I'm also in with funding! Is anyone planning on going to the Open House?

I'd like to, but considering that I applied to 7 schools (TBD how many I'm in at) and live in a land far far away, we'll see what the bank allows. I'm not sure I can make it to the online webinars either. Ugh. If someone attends admitted students day and is able to share their impressions, I would greatly appreciate it :) I will certainly do so if I attend!

I've had a few people say they don't think that Duke is "my type of place" (what does that even mean????), but these are also people who are not familiar with Sanford. I don't particularly care about the larger Duke campus being a good fit for me, but I definitely want to feel a sense of shared purpose/interests with my cohort. I feel like that's hard to do via other people's opinions or a webinar, so it's too bad that so many open house days overlap. 

7 hours ago, pozole said:

I was offered a tuition fellowship covering nearly all of the '18-'19 tuition...! To be reconsidered for the following year. 

A few programs seem to have admitted students' days the same weekend - anyone else in this predicament? (not complaining...! happy to have multiple acceptances)

8 hours ago, wakandaforever said:

Congrats to all!

Can you all share how your financial aid packages look like? I have $18,000 in tuition fellowship but that is it and I recall Duke is quite generous!

I got my acceptance email from Sanford this afternoon (3/6) with a half-tuition scholarship ($21K) plus the standard $4K TA/RA position. Since I am pretty narrowly focused on public health policy, Sanford is high on my list; I'm on the waitlist at Harris and waiting for a decision from U Chicago's social work school.

To answer pozole, I have the conflicting admit day problem, with Columbia's Mailman School of Public Health (Master of Healthcare Administration), and I'm really not sure what to do about it. I already visited Sanford back in November when I interviewed at Fuqua, but I didn't get to meet career services or alumni. If there are a number of other admits with conflicts due to other MPP programs having the same admit day, maybe they'd let us do a mini-admit day earlier that week or something?

Edited by pareidolia