NY/NJ Graduate Applicants Fall 2018

Hi Guys! 

I know we're all anxious about admissions decisions and our future...I was hoping we could all collaborate and help each other find what program suits us best. So, I'm looking for any input on the following programs/schools: Yeshiva, Mercy College, Montclair State University, Seton Hall University, New York Medical College, Iona College, Kean University, Touro College. How would you rank these? Any insights? Thanks in advance and I hope I can return the favor!! :D Good luck to everyone and CONGRATULATIONS to those that have already been accepted!

3 hours ago, hopefulSLP2be7 said:

I know kean doesn't let you know until the first week of april or so... not sure if that plays into your decision.

It does! I probably won't go there just because they're going to give an answer way past any deposit deadlines that I have. When did you hear back from Mercy?

1 hour ago, futureslp17 said:

It does! I probably won't go there just because they're going to give an answer way past any deposit deadlines that I have. When did you hear back from Mercy?

I heard back from them feb 12th...but it was weird they never even cashed my check.

1 hour ago, WesttoEast18 said:

Does anyone know when Seton Hall will be sending out notifications?

I was notified by them last week they gave me a call and later send a letter. But it was during the snowstorm so they might be delayed.

25 minutes ago, hopefulSLP2be7 said:

I heard back from them feb 12th...but it was weird they never even cashed my check.

That's strange! At least they didn't charge you for the application though. Try calling them and see what happened.

4 minutes ago, futureslp17 said:

I was notified by them last week they gave me a call and later send a letter. But it was during the snowstorm so they might be delayed.

Oh good to know! My last name starts with A so that probably means I'm waitlisted or rejected. 

8 minutes ago, futureslp17 said:

Try giving them a call because you never know there could be a mix up in their department!

It's okay, I likely will not attend either way since I already paid a deposit in another program, but I'm still curious. 

7 minutes ago, WesttoEast18 said:

It's okay, I likely will not attend either way since I already paid a deposit in another program, but I'm still curious. 

Yes still ask! What program did you choose?

3 minutes ago, futureslp17 said:

Yes still ask! What program did you choose?

The College of Saint Rose in Albany, NY!  I only applied to two NJ schools- William Paterson (rejected) and Seton Hall.  Seems like NJ schools are crazy competitive! 

49 minutes ago, WesttoEast18 said:

The College of Saint Rose in Albany, NY!  I only applied to two NJ schools- William Paterson (rejected) and Seton Hall.  Seems like NJ schools are crazy competitive! 

That's awesome! Congratulations! And don't worry I got rejected to William Paterson too, I heard they like to choose from their own undergraduate students 

3 hours ago, futureslp17 said:

That's awesome! Congratulations! And don't worry I got rejected to William Paterson too, I heard they like to choose from their own undergraduate students 

Haha good to know!  

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know anything about NYU or NYMC? I have deposits in both and after visiting NYMC, am leaning towards NYU but it still feels strange denying good programs and I don't want to make a mistake... I'm interested in medical SLP, specifically pediatric dysphagia but both programs seem to have that despite NYMC being known to be medically focused...any insight?

Applied: New York University, New York Medical College, Montclair, Seton Hall, Hunter College, William Paterson, Columbia Teachers College, Kean University

51 minutes ago, Speechgirl25 said:

Does anyone know anything about NYU or NYMC? I have deposits in both and after visiting NYMC, am leaning towards NYU but it still feels strange denying good programs and I don't want to make a mistake... I'm interested in medical SLP, specifically pediatric dysphagia but both programs seem to have that despite NYMC being known to be medically focused...any insight?

Applied: New York University, New York Medical College, Montclair, Seton Hall, Hunter College, William Paterson, Columbia Teachers College, Kean University

Hey, unfortunately I don't have much insight but I'll be visiting NYMC on Friday. Did you go see NYU? Because if you went to visit both and still are leaning toward NYU, most people say go with your gut feeling! If I get anymore info I'll let you know. Good luck! What are your thoughts on Montclair, Seton Hall, and Kean btw?

On 3/21/2018 at 12:34 PM, futureslp17 said:

Hey, unfortunately I don't have much insight but I'll be visiting NYMC on Friday. Did you go see NYU? Because if you went to visit both and still are leaning toward NYU, most people say go with your gut feeling! If I get anymore info I'll let you know. Good luck! What are your thoughts on Montclair, Seton Hall, and Kean btw?

Hi! So I visited NYU today for the admitted students day and LOVED it! The campus is not as spread out as originally thought, the facilities are new, the faculty are down to earth and nurturing, and all of the other accepted students and I got along right away. Definitely makes me feel confident in my decision! I haven't visited Montclair, Seton Hall, or Kean, but I do know that Montclair students are very happy and they too have a beautiful new clinic facility. Seton Hall does not have a clinic but will be getting one in Nutley, NJ. I think between the three, Montclair has the best program reputation but still, you probably can't go wrong with whatever you choose! Good luck!

14 hours ago, Speechgirl25 said:

Hi! So I visited NYU today for the admitted students day and LOVED it! The campus is not as spread out as originally thought, the facilities are new, the faculty are down to earth and nurturing, and all of the other accepted students and I got along right away. Definitely makes me feel confident in my decision! I haven't visited Montclair, Seton Hall, or Kean, but I do know that Montclair students are very happy and they too have a beautiful new clinic facility. Seton Hall does not have a clinic but will be getting one in Nutley, NJ. I think between the three, Montclair has the best program reputation but still, you probably can't go wrong with whatever you choose! Good luck!

Hey! That's awesome I think you found your fit :) I went to NYMC's accepted students day yesterday. Even though I love the program and how it's medically based, I was not impressed by the clinic or classrooms. Thank you for your feedback and best of luck to you!

Does anyone know if William Paterson usually accepts people off of the wait list or anything about the program? They don't have a lot of information on their website.  I've been accepted to another NJ school but would really like to attend here.