So.. where should I go? - BME/Bioenigneering

citrus00

@citrus00  @DCap

@scared

@lafry

@BME_Engineering

Just came across this thread..I am in the same position a year later! Accepted to Duke MEng, JHU MSE, and waiting to hear back from Stanford. Trying to figure out where I should go.

How did everything turn out? Happy with your decision? For those trying to get jobs in industry, having luck with the job search? 

I got into JHU, U of Florida and Case Western for masters in BME. I am pretty much decided on JHU because the program is research-driven and in the future I would like to continue with my doctoral studies. For all those joining JHU in Fall 2019, let us connect!!!!

On 3/9/2018 at 1:36 PM, lafry said:

Duke: The best thing about Duke is that BME is like their "thing," so they have great resources for their students. While it is private, they do have a really strong sense of school spirit, so its sort of more typical. Based on what I found online, its a very collaborative environment, and people have a very good work/play balance, and its not a competitive environment. Alumni base is also very strong. My friend from NC also said that Durham is a super fun place to be for young people, so I don't think that living there is a disadvantage. UNC I think is right near there so theres tons of student-oriented events. I have heard their campus is beautiful! Also you can't beat Duke Basketball haha

The Research Triangle (Duke/Durham, NC State/Raleigh, and UNC/Chapel Hill) is an awesome place to live. There is so much to do in these areas. There is always something going on. It is also nice that there are so many universities and companies in the area. Also, mountains and the beach are only a few hours away. I hope this helps!