Nova Southeastern

Just heard back from Nova this morning about scheduling an interview. Has anyone else? Also, does anyone have any additional information about the online program or even about the types of questions they may ask during the interview?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 10:04 AM, SLP<3 said:

Just heard back from Nova this morning about scheduling an interview. Has anyone else? Also, does anyone have any additional information about the online program or even about the types of questions they may ask during the interview?

May I ask which online program you applied to? I know there’s several different cohorts, like there’s a few in Florida. But there’s also an online program based in California. Still waiting to hear on my application for anything...

@katherinexo Yes, I applied for the Fall 2018 online program that is based in Florida. I think I submitted my application Feb. 1st or mid January. When did you submit your application and which cohort did you apply for? 

7 hours ago, TurboDog15 said:

Do they have rolling admissions? Was wondering about this school...

They aren't necessarily rolling admissions, but they do accept applicants for Winter (basically Spring term) and Summer terms as well as Fall.

I participated in an info session for the Winter 2019 Oregon cohort, and it sounds like they are behind on evaluating applications for the fall due to a transition. Also it seems like their cohort locations rotate by term (either CA, OR or WA), and if they can't fill tbe cohort after you're acceoted you can still do the online program.

I hope that's helpful!

6 hours ago, mirrorcat43 said:

They aren't necessarily rolling admissions, but they do accept applicants for Winter (basically Spring term) and Summer terms as well as Fall.

I participated in an info session for the Winter 2019 Oregon cohort, and it sounds like they are behind on evaluating applications for the fall due to a transition. Also it seems like their cohort locations rotate by term (either CA, OR or WA), and if they can't fill tbe cohort after you're acceoted you can still do the online program.

I hope that's helpful!

Yes, thanks so much! 

19 hours ago, SLP<3 said:

@katherinexo Yes, I applied for the Fall 2018 online program that is based in Florida. I think I submitted my application Feb. 1st or mid January. When did you submit your application and which cohort did you apply for? 

I think i submitted my application around Feb 7nd, and applied for the Fall 2018 distance program based in CA

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone recently interviewed for the Nova California Cohort? Any advise on how to prepare for the phone interview? questions they would ask or I could ask? advise?

• 5 months later...
On 10/3/2018 at 10:10 PM, Brandie8918 said:

I just had a phone interview with someone from Nova today. I applied for the Winter 2019 Oregon cohort. I was told by a current student that they think anyone who gets an interview with them gets in. Has anyone heard this?

Yes it's true, if you qualified for an interview the chances are that they will accept you. I'm considering applying soon, did they take a long time to accept you? I've heard some people say it takes over a year to start classes or hear back. 

2 hours ago, smarieSLP2b said:

Yes it's true, if you qualified for an interview the chances are that they will accept you. I'm considering applying soon, did they take a long time to accept you? I've heard some people say it takes over a year to start classes or hear back. 

If they take a year to get back to you should I start applying for the 2020 cohort, NOW? I wont finish my courses until Summer '19. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 10:10 PM, Brandie8918 said:

I just had a phone interview with someone from Nova today. I applied for the Winter 2019 Oregon cohort. I was told by a current student that they think anyone who gets an interview with them gets in. Has anyone heard this?

Yes I've heard of this from a friend who is in the program. She mentioned as long as you meet their requirements and if they offer you an interview you are accepted.

On 10/19/2018 at 2:56 PM, Brandie8918 said:

I will be going to Orientation November 29th in Florida. I was accepted to the WInter 2019 online program that starts in January. 

Yay congratulations. Just a heads up make note of any deadlines during your orientation. My friend in the program mentioned that they don't remind you or email you when important paperwork/documents are due for clinicals. And they don't attempt to work with you if you've missed their deadline so it can actually push back your graduation date. Just a warning! I guess they have a lot of students to manage so they are strict on deadlines.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:42 PM, KEIM said:

If they take a year to get back to you should I start applying for the 2020 cohort, NOW? I wont finish my courses until Summer '19. 

That sounds like a smart idea if you are set on attending their program for Fall 2019 but check their website to see their deadlines or if they require all courses to be completed before submitting an application.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...