I was wondering if anyone has heard about funding from Northeastern yet? They are honestly my top choice school but, unfortunately, I cannot afford them if I don't get some sort of funding from them. I have that classic debate going on in my head right now of "dream school vs. cheap school," and it would make it a whole lot easier if I knew about Northeastern's funding decisions. If other people have already heard about funding then I know it's highly likely that I didn't get any, but, I just can't give up hope until I know for sure. So, if anyone has heard anything or knows when we will hear about it, I would genuinely appreciate your input.     

Edited by MegSLP

I attended their open house last weekend and they said they're hoping to have funding decisions within the next couple of weeks. I'm also anxiously awaiting the news because I definitely can't afford to go there without funding. 

2 hours ago, alap1234 said:

I attended their open house last weekend and they said they're hoping to have funding decisions within the next couple of weeks. I'm also anxiously awaiting the news because I definitely can't afford to go there without funding. 

Thanks for the info! I know a few people have emailed to ask and none (including myself) have received a response.

Northeastern is my top choice as well and I’ve been struggling to decide between there and a more affordable (HA! are any programs affordable?) program. 

31 minutes ago, Josh13 said:

I haven’t received any info or correspondence. Kinda dissappointing how difficult it is to get a response from anyone there. 

I agree. I'm ready to accept an offer elsewhere but was hoping to at least hear about funding from Northeastern before I made my decision.

5 minutes ago, Josh13 said:

I’m in the same boat. What program are you ready to accept an offer to? If you don’t mind sharing. 

I was accepted to the University of Rhode Island, my in-state school, with a scholarship and I'm not sure I can pass up how affordable it would be. It's between there and Emerson, where I also received a fellowship offer but tuition and living is still so expensive. 

Nice and congrats! I’m pretty much decided on Emerson. They also offered me a Fellowship. It really impressed me how personable they are whenever I contact them or when they mail or email me info or updates. 

The living is incredibly expensive but I’m luckly moving up to Boston with my boyfriend so being able to afford an apartment will be a bit easier. 

20 hours ago, Josh13 said:

Nice and congrats! I’m pretty much decided on Emerson. They also offered me a Fellowship. It really impressed me how personable they are whenever I contact them or when they mail or email me info or updates. 

The living is incredibly expensive but I’m luckly moving up to Boston with my boyfriend so being able to afford an apartment will be a bit easier. 

That sounds amazing! Emerson's program is truly awesome. Congratulations and good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t received any info about funding yet. I emailed about it in early March and finally got a response on the 28th that they were still making decisions. The admissions assistant for the department who emailed me said she would follow up with me once final decisions are made. But they have taken forever to respond in general so I’m worried I won’t hear by April 15th.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...