Scholarships and Funding??

Do schools reach out to you about scholarships and funding?  Or are you supposed to ask them?  I've been accepted into a few schools and haven't gotten any emails/letters about funding/financial aid.  Is it just assumed you get no awards if they don't contact you?

I had one school reach out for those admitted to apply for a grant, but other than that I've just seen general links to scholarship portals for all students at the university. I don't think it would hurt to ask about aid!

Idk how to ask about financial aid without being weird about it, but the amount of funding I get from schools is going to be a HUGE factor in deciding where I go. I was thinking of saying something like, "I'm still extremely interested in your program and am currently still considering my options. Do you know about when I should hear about any financial aid or funding?" 

I just feel so rude asking for them to give me money, but I really really need them to give me some money lmao

I cant remember details since it's been three years but I'm pretty sure I asked one school. I think they had originally said funding decisions weren't made yet and eventually they emailed to find out how they could help me decide to go there. So I asked about funding or assistantships. I did actually get offered something but it wasn't enough to convince me compared to another's tuition. So you could probably tactfully ask if assistantships are available or if decisions have been made

I haven't wanted to cry at all throughout this whole grad process until now... I am trying to make the school I got accepted to seem like yeah "realistically" I can totally afford that but I CANT. I'm trying to look up scholarships etc. and I can't seem to find any except itty bitty ones. This is such a struggle. Is it possible that financial aid has any scholarships or grants they could give when you receive funding from the school?  -- without being related to the department at all because I've already been shut down from all there assistantships. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm confused on this too! I don't know who I should email asking about my aid package from the schools that accepted me. Is it possible that a FA package is only sent to those officially admitted?