Currently Freaking Out (like everyone else lol)

keepsmiling:)

Hi Friends!

As I am sure you all are, I am currently freaking out. I've applied to 6 schools for marine sciences, rejected by 4, and waiting to hear back from 2. One of those 2 is my top choice school and April 15th is less than a month away. Do I email my POI and ask about an application status? Do I sit here and drive myself crazy while refreshing my email every 2 seconds? What do I do if I don't get into grad school? I don't really need answers lol...just knowing other people feel the same might help. 

Thank you!!

Hello,

I'm also freaking out, I applied to 4 programs, 3 for Electrical Engineering, 1 for Computer Sciences.

I have been interviewed by only one program, which I know that I'm on the waitlist since I contacted my POI and he said so.

I contacted the other 3 programs and they all replied: "applications are still under review".

If I don't get accepted I'll probably finish my Masters and go look for a job since having a Ph.D. in Brazil is not worth the effort. I might as well apply next year again, but I'm not sure yet

I only applied to three places... Two of those programs list early April as when decisions go out! I cannot wait that long. 

I'm checking my email, the school application pages, and here to see if anyone else got in. Even though I know I won't see anything for at least a week...

Ay.... Similar field of interest. I study marine geology. I'm sick and tired of talking to my friends about this issue... it feels like I'm verbally harassing them because I talk about it so much!  

I don't know... maybe I'll call the admissions office to ask about when the decisions will be finalized... I... really have no idea *sobs*

Edited by JetPlane_the

Yep. Applied to two schools, accepted to one, but have heard nothing from my top choice. I called the other day to get a timeframe for a decision and the person I needed to speak to was at lunch. I left my name and number and but no call back yet. I might call again before I go into work today, but I don't want to pester them. Ugh, this whole process!

I have applied for two PhD positions in Newcastle University at the end of Jan, my application is still under review...and I am jumping up at every new email in my inbox as well !! I totally feel what you must be going through...all the best and I hope you get into your preferred program :)

Cheers!