Financial aid offer but no acceptance yet

I just got an email from the financial aid office at a school I am waitlisted at, stating I have a financial aid package. I haven't gotten an acceptance letter yet, but is it safe to assume I'll be accepted off the waitllist? It just seems like a waste of time to put together financial aid packages for people who haven't been accepted yet? Has anyone experienced this, if so did you end up getting in off the waitlist shortly after getting the financial aid email?

7 minutes ago, DDolores said:

I've gotten packages from my reject schools. It could be that they're planning to accept you, but it could also be approved federal loan packages.

I got loans as well as grants from the university, so I'm hoping that is a good sign. The other school I'm waitlisted at hasn't given me a package yet and neither have my reject schools. Hoping that it means they're planning on accepting me

6 minutes ago, soontobeslp2018 said:

I got loans as well as grants from the university, so I'm hoping that is a good sign. The other school I'm waitlisted at hasn't given me a package yet and neither have my reject schools. Hoping that it means they're planning on accepting me

You should call the school! They'll be able to tell you what's going on (hopefully). Crossing my fingers for you!

The same thing happened to me, although I wasn’t waitlisted, I just hadn’t heard back. I ended up getting accepted the next day. Someone on another thread said similar things to the previous posters though: that they got finaid packages from both waitlist only schools along with acceptance schools, if that makes sense. 

I called the finaid office and they had said according to their records, I was listed as a first year grad, but when I called the COMD office to confirm, they said I had to wait until I got an official email to know my admission status. I hope you get good news soon!!

3 hours ago, EatSleepStudy said:

The same thing happened to me, although I wasn’t waitlisted, I just hadn’t heard back. I ended up getting accepted the next day. Someone on another thread said similar things to the previous posters though: that they got finaid packages from both waitlist only schools along with acceptance schools, if that makes sense. 

I called the finaid office and they had said according to their records, I was listed as a first year grad, but when I called the COMD office to confirm, they said I had to wait until I got an official email to know my admission status. I hope you get good news soon!!

I’m just glad it’seaning towards the positive side! I was talking to a grad student at the school and she said it’s definitely a good sign so now I’m excitedly waiting to hear back from the department (hopefully today or Friday). The comes the hard part of waiting to see if I get into the other school I’m waitlisted at and the deciding between the two

On 3/28/2018 at 3:08 PM, DDolores said:

I've gotten packages from my reject schools. It could be that they're planning to accept you, but it could also be approved federal loan packages.

The school released their second wave of acceptances and I haven't heard anything yet, and I'm still waiting for the department to email me back from yesterday. I know they still send out one or two more waves that I'll hear soon. My aid package had loans and a need based grant so nothing super special but I'm still hoping it is a good sign, even though I'm losing hope/excitement about this

I received this email from financial aid for a couple of schools that I was waitlisted at. Unfortunately I ended up not getting off the waitlist even though I think I was close. I don't want to burst your bubble with that potential news but it could be good news! I just know that for me it wasn't a sign of the outcome.