Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DDolores

  1. There's a thread about this on the main SLP page. You can totally put down a deposit and rescind, you'll just lose your deposit. You can call your dream school and ask when the latest is you would hear back.
  2. Call and ask when's the latest you'd hear back. Some waitlists are rolling until the first week of class, and some end in June.
  3. Could you find a roommate in your program through your school's FB page?
  4. Look up the drop periods for summer classes- normally they're within the first week. IMO it'd be better to have a partial loss (of money) if you register for all the classes you need and then drop some classes late after figuring out which school you're going to. Are any of the waitlists ranked? Best of luck!
  5. You should call the school! They'll be able to tell you what's going on (hopefully). Crossing my fingers for you!
  6. I've gotten packages from my reject schools. It could be that they're planning to accept you, but it could also be approved federal loan packages.
  7. No, but I know there's a pretty big Facebook group for USU online. They might be able to help more.
  8. I think a lot of those are online at USU. It's super easy to apply to take classes there- it takes 20 minutes and I heard back 2 days after with acceptance (which I think is automatic)
  9. I feel weird even posting this, because I might be jinxing myself, but I'm #2 at a very popular program (and my top choice). I've only gotten into one school, and it'll cost $80-90K in loans (I applied because sometimes they have financial aid packages for former civil servants- didn't get one). I'm leaning towards turning them down and hoping on the waitlist while I search for SLPA jobs. Does this make sense? What would you do?
  10. If it makes you feel better, I'm fairly sure I'm going to turn down my UoP acceptance. I just don't know if I can handle the $80K tuition.
  11. No one I know has heard from Texas State either. A lot of my cohort applied there. Hopefully we both get good news!
  12. I live in NW Austin right now. Round Rock is definitely not a college town. I think there's plenty to do there, but it's not somewhere to go bar hopping. While it's more conservative and religious than Austin, it's starting to expand its art and craft beer scene. I'm from Houston and IMO Round Rock is more like the Clear Lake area than downtown. I think you could live in north Austin and commute if you wanted. Most programs have class a few days a week.
  13. That's probably something you should call the school about.
  14. Since you graduated recently, is there any way you could contact career services? I still had full support for 12 months after graduating. They may have more resources and advice.
  15. They let me arrange a Skype interview! It would cost me almost $500 to physically go to the interview on the 16th (on such short notice).
  16. I would call SJSU. If the school has your transcripts through CSDCAS and their other portal (you had to submit official copies to two different places), then you should be fine, I would think. Call them and explain.
  17. I'm leaning towards not bringing it up unless they do. Did you try to defer last year? If you did try and it just didn't work out or you couldn't defer, then you could bring your initial application up to emphasize that you've always known this school would be a great fit for you.
  18. Y'all, they keep emailing me every few days asking a mundane clarification about my application. I'm not sure my heart can take it anymore!
  19. I grew up in the Houston area and just got back from a visit yesterday. The heat and humidity are real, but the culture is amazing. There is always something to do, every single person you meet greets you like a friend, and the area around Rice in particular is gorgeous. Assuming you can study on the plane, how much study time are you losing? 24 hours for a permanent life change seems worth it to me.
  20. I've found that it's more helpful to professors if you simply tell them, "I'm planning to submit by X date. Does that work for you?" That way they don't feel flustered trying to figure out when they should write it by.
  21. Getting into school for Speech Pathology is incredibly difficult, and you might want to apply for both anyway. However, if you have the choice between attending either, I would definitely go to school A. Speech Pathology is a service career. If you can improve the quality of services your patients will receive, you should. At the end of the day it's what's going to make you a better SLP.
  22. I'm planning to apply to 6 schools, but I'm somewhat limited by my SO's ability to transfer within his company and my own preference to avoid the East Coast.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.