Jump to content

Assistantship acceptance decision extensions?


waterbaby

Recommended Posts

Hey all! I've just been informed that I received an assistantship at University A that I'm really excited about. It covers a fair portion of tuition and has me doing some really unique work. It's a great opportunity, but I'm still in the running for a similar assistantship/ scholarship at University B. Unfortunately, University B has stated that their decisions are slated to be released late April/ early May, and University A is asking for a decision by the end of this week (April 5th). Though I'm excited, I'm obviously extremely reluctant to commit to anything before I have all the information in my hands! Would it be inappropriate to contact University A and ask for a deadline extension? And, perhaps more importantly, has anyone had success with being granted an extension in a similar situation?

Thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you search on this site, you'll see that there are lots of posts where people have asked for an extension. There doesn't seem to be a pattern when it comes to success with getting an extension though. All you can do is ask and see what they say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use