SJSU or CSUEB for SLP Masters?

Hello!
I've just recently been accepted to CSUEB (California State University Easty Bay) and SJSU (San Jose State University) for their masters programs in SLP. 
Originally, SJSU was my top choice because I heard that the school was better as a whole and because their SLP program is ranked higher nationally than CSUEB. That being said, I talked to a current student at SJSU who said that getting hospital externships there seemed to be more difficult. It is very important to me that I finish my masters with experience in private, school, and hospital settings. So, what is your experience at either of the schools? In your understanding, how hard is it to get hospital externships at either of the schools?

Thank you!

(PS. I'm local to the Bay Area and live between the two so commuting to either school won't be terribly difficult. Also the tuition at both schools is practically the same.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Does anyone have any more information on either of these programs? I also have been accepted to both and am trying to decide : ) Plus, it's also important to me to get experience in hospital and school settings.

Edited by SLP-JC

• 11 months later...

Sorry this thread is old, but i'm bumping this to see if anyone out there could shed some light on what kinds of questions CSUEB asked during the interview. super nervous about it >< thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, I'd like to know too!

@Blossom19 Will you be applying to the program? When I had the interview with them, they said that all questions are the same for each interviewee. These are...

1) Why choose CSU East Bay?

2) Why are you qualified for the program?

3) I can't remember the 3rd question but it should be something geared toward working with others or within a setting. (Sorry about that)

Edited by Aspire_to_Be

hello, I am wondering which program is better for SLP? I know SJSU is ranked higher nationally, but does it matter at the end of the day when you are looking for a job?

Also, is there an important point that SJSU is Masters in Education with concentration in SLP vs. CSU is a Master of Science - does this matter really? 

@Aspire_to_Be Yes, i applied to CSUEB and today I found out that I was accepted! :')

If anyone has any (updated) info on CSUEB and SJSU I'd really love to hear it! I'm currently waitlisted for SJSU and i've also been accepted to UOP's 24-month program, but it'd be hard to make a decision if i did get accepted to SJSU. i'm personally really interested in medical SLP and working in a hospital one day, so it'd be nice to hear how likely it is to get a hospital placement at CSUEB/SJSU and how well either program trains students for medical SLP

also, opinions on how to choose between UOP and a Cal State would also be appreciated! While I'd start working a year earlier & the dpmt made it seem like they'd do their absolute best to meet preferences for placements if i chose UOP, i'd be saving a LOT of money at a Cal State due to affordable tuition & being able to commute to either CSUEB/SJSU. So I guess right now I'm just wondering if the benefits of UOP's program outweigh the financial costs /: i also think it'd be nice to stay closer to home for a variety of personal reasons, but im aware that (for UOP) i'd only be away for 2 years