NOVA South Eastern - California Cohort

Hi there,
Has anyone heard anything from this program? It was the hybrid online-inperson at the El Segundo location?

The advisors that I spoke with at ASHA had no idea it was happening. I saw another thread somewhere saying they rotate the location between CA and Oregon.

Just wondering if it really is happening......Feels like a ply to take my money at this point.

I don't know about the CA cohort, but during the info session for the OR cohot they said that if they can't fill a cohort but you're accepted, they'll offer you a position in the completely online program.

Also I talked to someone that attended Nova's campus program and she has colleagues who have been in the other cohorts, so they do exist! (Although I've heard it's quite expensive.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/4/2020 at 3:59 PM, speechie264 said:

Is anyone applying for the LA Cohort for the Summer of 2020? I need more information before applying.

I am applying to the Summer 2020 LA cohort. My friend got accepted into NSU's Winter 2020 cohort and they offered her a spot for the LA cohort and she said yes.

@alyssafrancis Oh wow! So they are doing rolling admission Or may still have spots for the summer cohort!

Do you know how the classes will be scheduled? I live about...2-3 hours from LA and I am wondering if it would be a good fit. I remember reading that the classes will be on the weekends in person?

Edited by speechie264

On 1/11/2020 at 12:20 PM, speechie264 said:

@alyssafrancis Oh wow! So they are doing rolling admission Or may still have spots for the summer cohort!

Do you know how the classes will be scheduled? I live about...2-3 hours from LA and I am wondering if it would be a good fit. I remember reading that the classes will be on the weekends in person?

From what I saw they aren't doing rolling admissions for the summer LA cohort so I think there may be spots still available but this worries me since they offered spots to winter 2020 acceptances. I also read the same thing about the classes on weekends. Other than that, that is all I know. I don't think she has enrolled into courses yet. They work with you to try and find the most local site to you to do your practicum hours. Might have to drive an hour away.