I haven't heard ANYTHING...?

canecao12

Hey guys, so I'm pretty stressed out. I applied to 3 schools for a thesis-based masters, but I haven't heard a thing from any of them as of today 4/13. None of the portals ahve been updated, nor any email communications. What do you think this means? Am I waiting for rejects, or maybe I'm waitlisted and they're waiting to hear back from first offers? UGH I can't handle this. To be honest, I thought I was a shoe-in for some of these programs too. GPA good, GRE really good, research and work relevant, etc. Sunday is the 15th.... Somebody please help calm my nerves!

I would DEFINITELY email them and see what's going on. Also you could check the results board to see if other people have received acceptances/rejections/etc. That's horrible though, I'm so sorry you're in that situation! Very nerve wracking.

yeah it's been rough. I sent out emails but I'm also afraid of annoying them, since they're probably crazy busy right now. I haven't seen any other results for these schools, specifically for my department. I'm really not sure what's going on haha

I would definitely give their DGS or Grad Coordinator a call if they haven't responded to email. There's one program I've communicated with that is terrible at emails, but they're really great over the phone! That might give you a little more info, though you might need to try a couple times or leave a message because departments are so busy this time of year.

I'm on a pretty similar situation. 

I applied to 4 programs, have been interviewed by only one and haven't heard anything back.

I contacted the 4 depts about one month ago and all of them just gave a general "applications are still under review" reply.

My guess is that today will be rejection day or I'm on the waitlist and will probably hear something next week

That is frustrating that they couldn’t really say more to you. I am also waiting for a response. I called early in the week and they told me not to worry about the April 15th deadline and acceptance letters will include a new deadline date that is more reasonable. I know not all programs are the same but I would hope most would at least try and be fair. 

Waiting has been so hard! I hope we hear back very soon. Good luck everyone!!

here's my update: my 2 schools have still not updated anything. Literally no word from either. They both said they would notify me on Monday the 16th, which obviously didn't happen. I'm getting really frustrated with this process, like they need to tell me so that I can plan my life after graduation next month

3 hours ago, canecao12 said:

here's my update: my 2 schools have still not updated anything. Literally no word from either. They both said they would notify me on Monday the 16th, which obviously didn't happen. I'm getting really frustrated with this process, like they need to tell me so that I can plan my life after graduation next month

I’m right there with you. I also graduate in May and would really like to start thinking about and planning out what’s next! 

it's crazy that they are taking this long! you'd think they would want to send everything out to secure students. I called in again yesterday, was told they would talk with the graduate director. Still no change. If they're going to reject, why not just say it already? 

I ended up emailing the secretary of both departments... got a reply back this morning from 1 of them : 

"We do not have a timeline yet for sending out the remainder of our letters. We are still waiting for a few of our offers to be accepted before we decide how to proceed. I would expect that you should hear from us within the next couple of months. "

ugh.. basically I can MAYBE expect an offer if enough of their first choice students say no. 

5 hours ago, chocoman said:

Same. SELF-FUNDED, cGPA of >3.5, work exp in relevant field, applied in February..

I have started to look at January intake at this point. Is it too late to apply for January start (winter term) at Canadian Universities?

Actually just re-checked the equivalance (uk to us conversion) and it's 3.74 ? 

Fingers crossed it's just down to the fact my last referee submitted his reference on February 28th ? so that means some notification 2-3 months after hence May for latest...

Edited by chocoman

I just got accepted today!!!! I recieved an email at around 4:30pm that a decision had been made and to check the applications status page. I’m so excited! I will definitely be accepting the admissions offer. 

Good luck to everyone I hope you all hear back this week as well.