New Interface

bgk

I really like the old interface much better.

What particularly do you like? What's missing? I designed the old interface, and it seemed to have everything I needed at the time. But I did some research over the past few weeks and saw that people really didn't like that interface! So I thought that if I made it more like a search engine, which is fairly intuitive to most people, I should please everyone... I guess not :-) ...

Happy to take on suggestions!

I like the look of the new interface, but I think it could use a bit more functionality, like allowing us to choose the number of results displayed (10/20/100/all) or to sort by header (e.g. school name, program name, etc.).

Also, the Google ads on the right side overlap the results if the window is too small, so if you could fix that it'd be great!

ETA: If you're only going to have one date, I think it's much more important to have the notification date, rather than the posting date--since what matters is when the school made contact, not when the poster found this site. :)

No! Old interface was MUCH better. i agree we need to be able to see the date of notification, as that is the only important date. and agree with britdreams that there need to be more results per page. search function works well, but can only see the last dozen results or so without searching for something specific, so many results will be lost! Agree should have option to show last 50,100,all. Also would be better if the results window was larger. It is the minority of the screen on my page. If this isn't feasible, maybe at least have pages to scroll through all results. Argh! (sorry, as you can see I'm a bit stressed by this whole applying to grad school thing)

I guess I'd still like to see more results when I first log on. That way I can just scroll down over the past week of results instead of having to type in my program name. Also, a sort function right off the bat would be good so I (1) wouldn't have to enter in my search to sort and (2) it would sort the most recent data. Make sense?

The new interface is better. However, more detailled search options should be made availlable. For instance, it would be great to allow users to specify in which field the query should be run (all ? name of school ? , etc. )

Great job anyways !

OK. I'm done for now. Unless the thing explodes and dies horribly, this is the new interface for the rest of the admit season. I need to get back to my REAL work :-). If you have any MUST HAVE features ... post them here and I'll see what I can do :-)

Good luck with your admits all! I'll keep checking in on the forums to make sure all is well.

The new interface is better. However, more detailled search options should be made availlable. For instance, it would be great to allow users to specify in which field the query should be run (all ? name of school ? , etc. )

Great job anyways !

Interesting idea - but that is why I re-wrote it! Looking at the logs for the old system, many people were just entering things into any box like a search engine. So I figured I'd give them that. If you want to do specific search, you can still use the old interface. I have no plans to delete it :-)

Cheers