master psych decision to make

psychlife1

Hey folks, I need to make a decision on a master's program, and I was wondering if I could get some input. I have offers from MAPSS UChicago, Ball State Clinical Psych, Brandeis General Psych, American University General Psych, NYU, and Pepperdine. They've offered me similar levels of funding, so it's really a comparison of the programs that I need. Any input? I'm thinking MAPSS and Brandeis are my top 2 right now. 

I don't know anything about the specific programs, but I would take into account cost of living for the area. Living in Muncie is going to be way less expensive than living in DC or Chicago, so that would be a big factor to consider for me !   

On 4/26/2018 at 6:30 PM, liznlex said:

I don't know anything about the specific programs, but I would take into account cost of living for the area. Living in Muncie is going to be way less expensive than living in DC or Chicago, so that would be a big factor to consider for me !   

that is definitely true, but the quality of placement seems to be at a lower level than the other schools.