What are you waiting on?

obscurefemale

Hey AH people...just out of curiosity...which schools are you waiting on? And are you all spazzing out as much as I am?

Waiting: Williams, American, Tufts, and BU

Rejected: UMD College Park (booo...)

Harvard and Berkeley. It seems like Harvard will be any day now, but I have no clue as to what's going on with Berkeley. It seems they have notified late in past years, and certainly there is a lot of shake up right now, especially for modernists. Anyone have any insights into when we might start hearing from Berkeley???

I'm waiting on Harvard, Penn, NYU IFA, and Courtauld Institute -- however, I think it's safe to say that Penn is a no since they notified acceptances weeks ago. As for Courtauld, NO idea what's going on there. I think I'm going to call tomorrow morning since 3rd round decisions were supposed to go out last Friday, and I heard nothing...and I also never received a 2nd round decision! I think it's safe to say that's a no, but I still would like a solid answer. Harvard should be coming out any day now, but I'm not holding my breath on that one; realistically, I'm waiting on NYU. I have one acceptance thusfar (CUNY) which I'm happy with, but it would nice to at least feel like I have a choice about where I'm going.

Harvard and Berkeley. It seems like Harvard will be any day now, but I have no clue as to what's going on with Berkeley. It seems they have notified late in past years, and certainly there is a lot of shake up right now, especially for modernists. Anyone have any insights into when we might start hearing from Berkeley???

I have a friend at Cal who told me Berkeley's prospective students visit was this last weekend. Not sure what this means re: waitlists, etc.

Edited by watersnake

I'm still waiting on Rutgers and Johns Hopkins, anyone have any info?

For those of you still waiting on Penn, I was waitlisted there in mid-Feb. and to my knowledge, all their offers have been made. They only took 6 this year!

waiting: BU, Williams, Bryn Mawr, and Northwestern (though I can sense the rejection already).

why is Williams staggering with their admissions decisions like this??! it's torture.

I know! I love Williams but it's so hard to get into that I just want to get the rejection over and done with! Do you know how many people they usually accept? Around 12 or more?

Also wondering...I saw on last years results that Tufts seems to accept by phone? I'm actually in Germany right now working on my shrecklich Deutsch. Obviously my phone is turned off though I'm pretty sure I set up a voice message saying that I'm out of the country until August and to email me at my email etc.

Do you think I should email Tufts and let them know? Or will that seem too presumptuous?

I'm still waiting on Berkeley and Harvard. It seems unbelievable that only one Harvard admit would post to the results board, but it's certainly possible. Also a bit crazy that no Berkeley admits would post to the board although it seems the case if their admit weekend has passed (as someone else posted re that). I'm just not sure if I should hold out any hope for either of these schools...

I'm waiting for a modernist to decline an offer from Michigan so I can see what that does to me on the wait list. I will probably be waiting all the way up to April 15 for that one. dry.gif

I'm also waiting for Texas to tell me what the funding situation is going to be like. Any other UT Austin admits out there who might know more info?

Technically, I'm also still waiting for Northwestern, but I think I know my fate for that one.

Hey guys,

I'm waiting on University of Toronto, my absolute 1st choice (I'm a Canadian who lives in the area and would kill to work with Carl Knappett). Any chance anyone has heard something from them? It's been all quiet on the results page about the AH department but I've seen lots of other Humanities departments posted so I'm getting antsy.

Anyone still still waiting? I've yet to hear from Johns, my very last school, but I have a feeling it's a rejection that they're just taking forever to get out. Does anyone know if they update decision statuses on the application website?

I'm still waiting on: UNC, BU, Berkeley, UF, and UPenn (I seem to have escaped the knife on this one...odd).

Yea...I'm still waiting on BU also. They're taking forever aren't they? I think I remember last year that they didn't notify until the end of March - beginning of April.

Best of luck!

Yea...I'm still waiting on BU also. They're taking forever aren't they? I think I remember last year that they didn't notify until the end of March - beginning of April.

Best of luck!

Have you checked the online app for Penn? The emails directed everyone to an online decision.

I am still waiting on the only program i applied to. I had been freaking out because it was way past their regular acceptance date, but a few days before the application deadline (mid-march) I recieved an email that one of my letters of recommendation had not arrived. On the one hand, I was slightly frustrated, since everything else had been fedexed to them before last Christmas, and on the other hand, I breathed a sigh of relief, because it meant that there was a reason I had not heard back yet. I got a letter sent to them immediately, and received an email letting me know the application was complete. I am trying not to read too much into this, but my feeling is, if they weren't considering me at all, wouldn't they just let it lapse and reject me for incomplete application? I must be at least interesting enough that they want to hear what a third person says about me. Especially since they've already sent out both acceptances and rejections...The one bright spot is that the person that contacted me, said the ad com meets in a few days, so pretty soon I'll know...

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting on the only program i applied to. I had been freaking out because it was way past their regular acceptance date, but a few days before the application deadline (mid-march) I recieved an email that one of my letters of recommendation had not arrived. On the one hand, I was slightly frustrated, since everything else had been fedexed to them before last Christmas, and on the other hand, I breathed a sigh of relief, because it meant that there was a reason I had not heard back yet. I got a letter sent to them immediately, and received an email letting me know the application was complete. I am trying not to read too much into this, but my feeling is, if they weren't considering me at all, wouldn't they just let it lapse and reject me for incomplete application? I must be at least interesting enough that they want to hear what a third person says about me. Especially since they've already sent out both acceptances and rejections...The one bright spot is that the person that contacted me, said the ad com meets in a few days, so pretty soon I'll know...

Ahhhh......Accepted!!!! The wait is OVER!