Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
SnowAngel3535

Interview after accepted offer at other school

Question

I applied to a few schools in early January and was accepted to my reach school and accepted an offer. I just got an interview invite for one if the applications today and I'm wondering what I should do. Should I just do the interview and see what they have to say? I'm worried that of it goes well I'll get an offer and at this point I don't see myself really taking it over the first program. Any advice welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I just found this because I'm in the exact situation. I was contacted to schedule an interview today but since I'm out of state, they asked me to do a phone interview tomorrow. Which is kinda strange, because I've never read anything about this school doing phone interviews, just group interviews in person or on skype. But I am going through with the interview. I did really want to go to this school, but after thinking hard on it, I decided to accept the offer from another because it was going to be cheaper. If I get into the other school, I'm not sure if anything will change, but I still would like to have the option if I change my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/23/2018 at 6:20 PM, SnowAngel3535 said:

I applied to a few schools in early January and was accepted to my reach school and accepted an offer. I just got an interview invite for one if the applications today and I'm wondering what I should do. Should I just do the interview and see what they have to say? I'm worried that of it goes well I'll get an offer and at this point I don't see myself really taking it over the first program. Any advice welcome

If you have no intention of taking this other offer, then just let the interviewer know that you appreciate the offer but you already committed to attending XYZ this fall. No point interviewing when you have no intent of taking the offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/25/2018 at 5:59 PM, TakeruK said:

If you have no intention of taking this other offer, then just let the interviewer know that you appreciate the offer but you already committed to attending XYZ this fall. No point interviewing when you have no intent of taking the offer. 

Thanks for the advice. I ended up doing just that the next day after after sleeping on it. The professor was quite amicable afterwards, wishing me luck and hoping to meet in the future ifr the opportunity arises. I guess I was just nervous about their reaction but it all worked out.

On 5/25/2018 at 3:56 AM, rtayb94 said:

I just found this because I'm in the exact situation. I was contacted to schedule an interview today but since I'm out of state, they asked me to do a phone interview tomorrow. Which is kinda strange, because I've never read anything about this school doing phone interviews, just group interviews in person or on skype. But I am going through with the interview. I did really want to go to this school, but after thinking hard on it, I decided to accept the offer from another because it was going to be cheaper. If I get into the other school, I'm not sure if anything will change, but I still would like to have the option if I change my mind.

I guess if you aren't entirely sure it wouldn't hurt to continue to interview in this scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.