MFA - Studio Art? Anyone else out there?

riskynostalgia

I was lurching on the general forums and am excited to find other MFA hopefull potentialls. I interviewed for the photo for SAIC and SFAI. Does anyone know if RISD does interviews or am I already rejected there? Thanks!

I was lurching on the general forums and am excited to find other MFA hopefull potentialls. I interviewed for the photo for SAIC and SFAI. Does anyone know if RISD does interviews or am I already rejected there? Thanks!

I saw that some people got interviews like back at the end of Feb. I just got my rejection letter today from RISD so I guess it is safe to say you will hear soon.

They do, but not for everyone. So there still is hope.

"Decisions have not yet been made. I know they are working on this now, and I

will let you know as soon as I know."

I sent a message to Notre Dame, so anyone else out there.. its gonna be a little bit longer.

"Decisions have not yet been made. I know they are working on this now, and I

will let you know as soon as I know."

I sent a message to Notre Dame, so anyone else out there.. its gonna be a little bit longer.

mojdfilm, I recieved noticed this week from notre dame via email. They ask me to come for an interview. I am sure you will here soon.

I'm sorry to hear you were rejected, I had an interview and know someone else who has been accepted into fibers but Ive heard nothing yet from photo...I'm ready to know...either way.

Question!!

Does anybody know about Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts at philadelphia?

I really need information about MFA, paintng program of the school, before I decide

(reputation, circumstance, educational quality..anything)

Any comments will be very helpful! Thanks.

About the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts MFA program.

I completed the Academy's undergrad (certificate) program a couple years ago and know a lot about the school and faculty...this year I'm determined to move away for grad school so I did not apply.

I'd say this is a solid, up and coming program. Going in, you should know that it doesn't have the reputation that other schools have because it is still getting its footing. You'd have to put your faith in it as far as notoriety. Many faculty members are coming in from NY others are some of the more relevant undergrad faculty... The facilities are newly updated (they just moved)--- you'd get a great studio downtown Philly/access to an awesome print shop/sculpture spaces (remember no photography and very limited digital/computer labs). You should know there is a huge huge gap in purpose and practice between the Cert and MFA program. The Romantic/Traditional aroma of the place is really coming from the certificate program... The MFA's read more, are thinking about expanding their work conceptually,and everyone gets great exhibition space for their end-of-year shows etc. There is a social divide between the two programs which is unfortunate I think. The Academy of course is the nations oldest art school and houses an impressive collection of American art in the Museum which is quite beautiful...

Travel to see it I'd say

HMMM, shoot me a message/mail for other questions.

So far I have had 4 no's. 2 to go. Congrats to everyone on acceptances. I'm confused by Pratt... they lost my transcripts and contacted me mid March. Their website said that they will be notifying people in April, but I have seen posts already. Are these real? Thanks!

Watching the dream die....