Fall 2019 Applicants

WRS

Guest tarsila89
On 2/26/2019 at 1:51 PM, serendipity17 said:

Just in general, what are people's thoughts on calling/emailing and asking at this point if you haven't heard anything from a school? On the one hand, I obviously want to know... but on the other, whatever happens is still going to happen either way and I don't want to be rude... Unsure, but erring on the side of caution (for now). 

I've done it and everyone (POIs and graduate coordinators) were extremely nice and understanding of my anxiety/need to know. So I don't think anyone thinks it's rude to ask. It was also very useful to me, I received a rejection way earlier than I would have otherwise, and also an acceptance a couple days earlier than what was posted in the portal. 

On 2/21/2019 at 3:42 PM, serendipity17 said:

I also applied to Delaware! Looks like from previous years that results are all over the board so it's hard to guess when we should expect news -- good or bad

Just got a waitlist email from Delaware.

Guest tarsila89
1 hour ago, janvaneyck said:

Does anyone know how waitlists really work? If you're on the waitlist, would a school tell you, or would they wait to see if a spot opens up for you and the offer admission? 

Very confused, very anxious to hear back

I’ve been told I’m on the waitlist and given a date of when I should hear a definitive answer, but maybe it depends on the school.

5 hours ago, janvaneyck said:

Does anyone know how waitlists really work? If you're on the waitlist, would a school tell you, or would they wait to see if a spot opens up for you and the offer admission? 

Very confused, very anxious to hear back

4 hours ago, tarsila89 said:

I’ve been told I’m on the waitlist and given a date of when I should hear a definitive answer, but maybe it depends on the school.

It must vary by school. I'm on a waitlist and they told me they hoped to have an answer for me before April 15th but could make no promises. 

Just got off the phone with a POI from Tufts University who told me I've been accepted with a substantial amount of funding! What are everyone's thoughts on Tuft's MA program?

On 3/1/2019 at 8:38 PM, sr8642 said:

Glad to know that Penn results have all been finalized. I can stop thinking about it and finally commit to another school!

Did you call the department? I'm not seeing any results except for the February 4th acceptance.

1 hour ago, WRS said:

Just got off the phone with a POI from Tufts University who told me I've been accepted with a substantial amount of funding! What are everyone's thoughts on Tuft's MA program?

Ir's a great program in my opinion! I am not sure if I got into the program yet, but I will be pretty conflicted if I do. I got into Hunter and my research lines up closely with my POI there, but the same goes for my POI at Tufts. NYC would be great for museum work (and finding an internship that doesn't pay $0) and the tuition is very affordable compared to other MA programs, except Tufts can give great funding. I also am wondering what people think about Tufts compared to other Art History MA programs, particularly Hunter and Williams.

Edited by Photomontage

2 hours ago, WRS said:

My undergrad advisor thinks really highly of Tufts and I've read elsewhere that it's a very well-respected program. If I get in, I probably won't be attending because I recently found out my POI is leaving after this year, so there won't be anyone on staff to teach/advise students in my area of interest. If she were staying, it would be my first choice.

14 hours ago, Iris Che said:

Also applied to Tufts and Hunter, no email yet (and the portal has not been updated)

Anyone know if the acceptance will all be sent out this week?

Not sure when the acceptances will be sent out, but you should expect a phone call from Tufts

On 3/5/2019 at 5:08 PM, WRS said:

I'm a current student in the Tufts program and it's a great program! Generous with funding, top notch faculty, and because there's no PhD program they allocate a lot of attention and resources to MA students. I really like it here.

19 hours ago, Harper said:

Has anyone heard from Williams aside from the 3 acceptances in mid-Feb? I'm not very hopeful about being accepted at this point but I'm wondering if they've sent waitlist notifications yet.

Not necessarily answering your question, but I was one of the acceptances and just let them know that I have chosen another school. So at least one spot freeing up!