Fall 2019 Applicants

WRS

On 2/13/2019 at 5:22 PM, jalps3 said:

I was accepted to SAIC for the MA in Art History. Were you also? 

Does anyone know the reputation of the program? 

SAIC has a great MA program for Art History. I considered applying and spoke to several people there, who were all quite welcoming and willing to share any questions that I had. Ultimately, I decided not to apply because I do plan on eventually getting my PhD and they do not have a foreign language requirement with their MA. Basically meaning that any foreign language skills would have to be acquired outside of the institution to prepare for your PhD.

Has anyone heard anything from UC Berkeley? It’s been 3 weeks since I had an interview (with two non POI professors in the department) and I’m wondering at what point it’s acceptable to contact my POI regarding admissions. Any advice?  Part of me is also just too afraid to find out the results but all this waiting is making me crazy....

1 hour ago, easte said:

Has anyone heard anything from UC Berkeley? It’s been 3 weeks since I had an interview (with two non POI professors in the department) and I’m wondering at what point it’s acceptable to contact my POI regarding admissions. Any advice?  Part of me is also just too afraid to find out the results but all this waiting is making me crazy....

I’m in the same place...my interviewers had mentioned that they’d tell me in a few days so I’ve just assumed that means no. But I also haven’t seen any results at all come in so who knows...

Dear all

I feel your anxiety and uncertainness as it was mine. I haven't received news from all my graduate programs, except for an acceptance (although I'm not sure about the funding). I just want to wish to all of us that everything will take its time and right place! 

3 hours ago, sr8642 said:

I’m in the same place...my interviewers had mentioned that they’d tell me in a few days so I’ve just assumed that means no. But I also haven’t seen any results at all come in so who knows...

It’s good to know I’m not alone! I guess with the 3 day weekend we definitely won’t hear until tuesday at the earliest. Best of luck to you!!

Edited by easte

9 hours ago, printedmatter said:

Hi all! Seems like a smattering of both good and less good results here. Congrats to everyone to has heard exciting news! Should I assume no news is bad news re:UC Santa Cruz visual studies at this point? I have other offers but want to know all the facts as it seems like a cool place! 

I'm also waiting on Santa Cruz, and it doesn't seem like they've notified yet, since nothing is up on the board -- although it's later than usual for them (I was expecting news of some kind last week!). 

42 minutes ago, ariadnev said:

I'm also waiting on Santa Cruz, and it doesn't seem like they've notified yet, since nothing is up on the board -- although it's later than usual for them (I was expecting news of some kind last week!). 

Glad to know I’m not alone! You’re totally right, it seems later than usual... Best of luck to you! :~)

16 hours ago, easte said:

It’s good to know I’m not alone! I guess with the 3 day weekend we definitely won’t hear until tuesday at the earliest. Best of luck to you!!

Per a post on the results board, looks like acceptances already went out! 

On 2/10/2019 at 4:53 PM, tarsila89 said:

Did anyone here apply to British Columbia? I heard from a friend there that decisions might have gone out but there is nothing on the results page here, so I'm just curious. Thanks!

Hi, I applied to British Columbia, but there are no news for me as well. I am getting anxious everyday since I haven't heard anything from all the programs that I applied. If there are some news please could you share them with me?

Guest tarsila89
9 hours ago, D'Aronco said:

Hi, I applied to British Columbia, but there are no news for me as well. I am getting anxious everyday since I haven't heard anything from all the programs that I applied. If there are some news please could you share them with me?

Sure, I'll post here if I hear anything. Please let me know as well ?

On 2/6/2019 at 3:13 PM, tarsila89 said:

I was told they were going to send out responses at the end of this month 

Thanks, tarsila89! Would you be willing to share your area of interest? Feel free to message me if you prefer.

1 hour ago, bostoff said:

any university of oregon MA applicants? has anyone been in contact with POI or gotten accepted? 

I applied to UOregon! I didn’t reach out to any POIs and haven’t heard anything — but based on previous years, decisions should be coming soon. 

Does anyone know where I can find information on acceptance rates of those who have been rejected from the PhD program, but sent onto a secondary MA program? Basically, if I wasn't accepted into a school's PhD program do I have a shot at acceptance into their MA program?

1 hour ago, Bwaydette said:

I applied to UOregon! I didn’t reach out to any POIs and haven’t heard anything — but based on previous years, decisions should be coming soon. 

that's what i figured! i reached out to my POI last semester just to ask if they were taking new students and they said yes but that's about it. i'm waiting anxiously because given all the other offers i've gotten, oregon and their funding would be the decision maker for me. but we'll see!