Fall 2019 Applicants

WRS

On 2/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, printedmatter said:

Glad to know I’m not alone! You’re totally right, it seems later than usual... Best of luck to you! :~)

FYI I called the graduate coordinator yesterday, who told me that all acceptance notifications have gone out, so no news is bad news :( very bummed. 

43 minutes ago, ariadnev said:

FYI I called the graduate coordinator yesterday, who told me that all acceptance notifications have gone out, so no news is bad news :( very bummed. 

Aww dang well thanks for the heads up! It is a relief to know rather than waiting. It’s a bummer but you are worthy either way and will do great things elsewhere!

Has anyone heard from Ohio State or UT? I know someone got a very early acceptance from OSU in January, but I haven’t seen anyone else post. I’ve seen nothing form UT. 

I’m application status is listed as “pending” or “in review.” I’m trying to decide if that is tantamount to a rejection as this point, or if no news is still good news. 

6 hours ago, curatortobe said:

Does anyone want to claim Williams admits from last week or provide any info they have? On the one hand I assume no news yet is bad but on the other hand they seem to admit people at multiple times.

Hi there!! I received the fully funded Williams offer that was posted, but I don’t know if they sent out all the results or not for accepted/waitlist. I was invited to the open house in mid-March! Hoping you hear back some good news soon!

On 2/21/2019 at 12:44 PM, curatortobe said:

Does anyone want to claim Williams admits from last week or provide any info they have? On the one hand I assume no news yet is bad but on the other hand they seem to admit people at multiple times.

I got an offer with a note that I was waitlisted for a merit fellowship. I don't think I'll be taking it (though not 100% sure enough to let them know at the moment), so at least one spot will likely open up!

5 hours ago, DigitalHubris said:

If the two CUNY admits are around the forum-- congrats!! Hopefully you're celebrating this weekend!

Echoing the post on the results board, was the email from a POI or the DGS? Guessing the DGS since they've been sending out most correspondence? 

Yep the initial notification email was from the DGS and then the official letter was uploaded to the portal! 

So no one has heard from UPenn except that one acceptance from early Feb. right? What does it mean? It looks like they kept a waitlist in past years, is anyone thinking of calling and asking? I'm not holding my breath but would like to know! 

Just in general, what are people's thoughts on calling/emailing and asking at this point if you haven't heard anything from a school? On the one hand, I obviously want to know... but on the other, whatever happens is still going to happen either way and I don't want to be rude... Unsure, but erring on the side of caution (for now). 

7 minutes ago, serendipity17 said:

Just in general, what are people's thoughts on calling/emailing and asking at this point if you haven't heard anything from a school? On the one hand, I obviously want to know... but on the other, whatever happens is still going to happen either way and I don't want to be rude... Unsure, but erring on the side of caution (for now). 

you can call and not give a name (make sure to call the graduate administrator), but all i got was you'll hear 1-3 weeks... not very specific, but they were very kind and polite.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:57 PM, Kamelima said:

Hey :) any other Cornell applicants? Had an interview last week but haven't heard anything since.. Thanks and good luck everybody Xx 

Hi, 

I have not been interviewed nor heard anything from Cornell. I do see a few refusals on the result page, though. Who did you have the interview with and what is your field?

On 2/20/2019 at 10:00 PM, RamenNoodle said:

Has anyone heard from UW-Madison? I saw on the results page that one person was accepted and someone else was also wondering if anyone had heard anything. Their decisions seem late this year...

Their admitted students day is in a few days...you might want to contact them.

On 2/26/2019 at 3:51 PM, serendipity17 said:

I sent an email to my POIs. They were all very nice, but I didn't learn anything new.