Fall 2019 Applicants

WRS

Anyone heard anything from Toronto? It looks like in the past they have been all over the board in terms of when they make decisions/notify applicants. Just curious if anyone has any inside scoop.

Guest tarsila89
1 hour ago, texasod said:

Anyone heard anything from Toronto? It looks like in the past they have been all over the board in terms of when they make decisions/notify applicants. Just curious if anyone has any inside scoop.

I haven’t. Considering emailing my POI, but I’m not sure if it’s appropriate... Anyone's done this? 

Edited by tarsila89

Just received an email from the director of the program at CUNY, Graduate Center that I was shortlisted for their PhD program. She requested an interview. My field is modern and contemporary! Anyothers shortlists out there? Or advice for going in? Hope everyone else is starting to get results back.. this has been painfully slow!

2 minutes ago, warmmuffins said:

Just received an email from the director of the program at CUNY, Graduate Center that I was shortlisted for their PhD program. She requested an interview. My field is modern and contemporary! Anyothers shortlists out there? Or advice for going in? Hope everyone else is starting to get results back.. this has been painfully slow!

Also shortlisted. We'll see where it goes from here. 

On 2/2/2019 at 7:41 AM, sr8642 said:

Has anyone who had a Berkeley interview heard back yet? 

Haven’t heard anything at all and it’s been two weeks... pretty nervous at this point. 

On 1/26/2019 at 4:27 AM, concombre said:

to the Northwestern waitlist, if you're out there, could you please share if the email had any details? were you one of the interviews?

Hi, sorry for delayed response I've been avoiding the forum to prevent excessive anxiety. It seemed to have worked so, happy to weigh in. I was waitlisted after an "interview" (they emphasised that it was really a conversation, not an interview); email had no details. I've since been in contact with my POI (they called) and I haven't had the courage to ask where I am on the waitlist-- since they didn't volunteer the info I'm assuming they don't share it. Let me know if you have more questions! 

32 minutes ago, artemisia said:

did the Penn admit have an interview?

Also hoping to hear about this!!! I thought that Penn usually had interviews, so I was surprised to see an admit already! And also sad because that might mean I missed my chance :(

8 hours ago, boolean_search said:

Hi, sorry for delayed response I've been avoiding the forum to prevent excessive anxiety. It seemed to have worked so, happy to weigh in. I was waitlisted after an "interview" (they emphasised that it was really a conversation, not an interview); email had no details. I've since been in contact with my POI (they called) and I haven't had the courage to ask where I am on the waitlist-- since they didn't volunteer the info I'm assuming they don't share it. Let me know if you have more questions! 

thank you!! and best of luck! 

2 hours ago, warmmuffins said:

Does anyone happen to know how much the funding/stipend is at the IFA for PhD students? I know this is a premature question at this point, but I haven't been able to find any information online and I'm just trying to get an idea!

Didn't find any funding info on their website.. Have you heard anything from them? 

2 hours ago, warmmuffins said:

Does anyone happen to know how much the funding/stipend is at the IFA for PhD students? I know this is a premature question at this point, but I haven't been able to find any information online and I'm just trying to get an idea!

I could not find anything from the department, but the GSAS base stipend is $22,000. To be competitive with other programs I would assume IFA would offer around $30k, considering that is the average minimum offered between Columbia, Harvard, Yale, and Princeton.

is it this? 

30 minutes ago, texasod said:

Last year, someone posted a spreadsheet with some data going back several years with funding package info for art history programs. I can't seem to find it again. Has anyone seen anything like this posted on grad cafe?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RK4iDBMdcTm73NJV28gDE6D4_hcjXpohTCThO9lRrQE/edit?usp=sharing