Fall 2019 Applicants

WRS

5 minutes ago, KynaMeow said:

Same here, and I didnt receive the interview from IFA. I kept telling myself some people get admitted without interviews.

Are you certain that all the interviews from IFA have been sent? I am screwed then

Is it crazy to read it as a bad sign that you have been accepted to programs that are not your first choice, even though there's been no movement from programs that are your first choice (no interviews or acceptances posted yet). In other words, that a state school accepted you thinking "well he won't get into an Ivy that he'll pick over us, so accepting him isn't a risky move." 

my patience is wearing so thin and its not even February... maybe one of those opinionated posters from September who wasn't applying but arguing about "top schools" on this thread for some reason wants to weigh in... 

48 minutes ago, alero said:

@Carpentier @KynaMeow

I was just notified of an interview at the IFA so they might just be taking a second getting them out! 

Thanks! I don't know how the interview works because I didn't do interview with them when applying for MA 2 years ago but still got in. But am still anxious.

Could everyone indicate your concentrations when you submit interview results? It would be very helpful for the rest of us to know...

To the two people who got interview invitations from Hopkins: if you don't mind, could you PM me your fields? I just want to know whether I am still in the game. Thanks!

On 1/28/2019 at 8:22 PM, artemisia said:

Have any Bard applicants had their interview? I think there are a few of us based on results page...

Not yet, but I have one for the MA program next week. I have no idea what to expect, so I would appreciate any advice from y'all.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:06 PM, wanderjahre said:

Any medievalists applying? 

Yep! Just to MA programs. Seems like there aren't that many of us. PM me if you want to chat about professors, schools, medieval art topics, etc!

Hi all! Looks like a bunch of us got rejected from NU today - I'm with ya! Wasn't too bummed, though, because I was requested for an interview with NYU (yipee). My concentration is modern and contemporary. Anyone else out there who is interviewing? Or, perhaps anyone with advice for an interview? Wishing you all the best of luck! 

Side note - I know a round of interviews passed for Berkeley a while ago. Any hope for more coming - or at least hope that we're not out of the game just yet? 

12 hours ago, Harper said:

Not yet, but I have one for the MA program next week. I have no idea what to expect, so I would appreciate any advice from y'all.

Mine was for PhD so probably slightly different, but: I was interviewed by a panel of 5-6 people, they mainly asked about my interest in the program, my MA dissertation I submitted as a writing sample, and my plans for future research. It lasted about 40 mins. 

4 hours ago, artemisia said:

Mine was for PhD so probably slightly different, but: I was interviewed by a panel of 5-6 people, they mainly asked about my interest in the program, my MA dissertation I submitted as a writing sample, and my plans for future research. It lasted about 40 mins. 

Thank you for sharing! Did you receive the interview notification yesterday? 

4 minutes ago, KynaMeow said:

Thank you for sharing! Did you receive the interview notification yesterday? 

Nope, I received my invitation 2 weeks ago and interviewed in the past week. But again, for PhD not MA. the interview invitation said PhD decisions will be made by Feb. 15. 

18 minutes ago, artemisia said:

Nope, I received my invitation 2 weeks ago and interviewed in the past week. But again, for PhD not MA. the interview invitation said PhD decisions will be made by Feb. 15. 

Thank you @artemisia! At least now I don't need to check my portal every 5 minutes.