Has anyone applied to just one school?

So I'm feeling rather discouraged and I'm not sure what to do. After studying for about two months almost everyday for the GRE, I'm not even close to getting the scores needed to apply to grad school and I think I've decided I no longer want to take the GRE. I know it's a long shot because it's so competitive, but has anyone applied to only one school that didn't require the GRE? At this point I just don't know what to do. It's frustrating because the other aspects of my application are good, it's just the GRE that's holding me back. I've worked so hard to get to this point and I want to be an SLP more than anything

What did you get on the GRE? GRE scores are not everything. I was accepted into my top choice, which is the second best school in my state, with scores in the low 140s. Take the GRE, then just focus on the aspects you can really control like your personal statement. Don’t let one test stop you from applying. Have you done any volunteering, lab work or have any leadership postitons that you can highlight? I know how discouraging the GRE can be, but there are plenty of people who don’t have the best scores who still get in. There are plenty of other things to highlight than one stupid test that isn’t even related to our field. You can do it!

I know the GRE is awful but I highly recommend taking it. Schools that do not require the GRE are often highly competitive and would really limit your options. As you can see my math score was less than stellar and I still received various acceptances. See if you can at least do well in the verbal and essay part. Once you get the GRE over with it feels great! 

I would not give up if I were you! It may help to check ASHA Ed Find to look at schools that accept GRE's around your range, keeping in mind that those scores are averages! GRE is definitely not everything.I had a fairly low GRE (below average in all but writing) and I got in! Make yourself shine in other aspects of your application and work on tailoring your personal statements to the particular school itself. Don't give up! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

My boyfriend applied to one school and was accepted. This was 2 years ago and he is finishing up grad school. It was his third time applying to programs. At the time the program didn't require GRE scores. Unfortunately, that is not the case now. I recommend searching on ASHA Ed Find for programs that accept GRE scores around your range. Don't give up! Do your best in building a strong application as well (letters of recommendation, volunteering, resume, letter of intent/statement of purpose, etc). All is not lost! Don't limit or sell yourself short.