Should I give up applying for PhD if I can't publish a paper before DDL?

jp94

Should I give up applying for PhD if I can't publish a paper before DDL?

I am a master student and my experiments are delayed for some unpredictable reasons. It i snot possible for me to publish anything before December. Should I stop applying for a PhD degree and find a job to make a living?

Can anyone give me some advice

My CV is CV

Edited by jp94
add hyperlink

I guess the primary question would be: why do you want to do your PhD? Why not find a job and make money instead? I believe these questions need be answered first. I do think your experience is quite alright. You just need spruce your CV up to highlight your experience more explicitly and prove that your command of english is solid and that you can write well (especially since your AWA was 4.0)

On 9/14/2018 at 10:39 PM, loffire said:

I guess the primary question would be: why do you want to do your PhD? Why not find a job and make money instead? I believe these questions need be answered first. I do think your experience is quite alright. You just need spruce your CV up to highlight your experience more explicitly and prove that your command of english is solid and that you can write well (especially since your AWA was 4.0)

thank you. I'll think about those questions carefully.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:21 AM, Psygeek said:

I have a BSc and a MSc and no publications, but I got into a PhD program. There's multiple people here without publications who got in

thank you. Could you tell me which institute you are in?