Post Declines and Acceptances?

On Thursday, I will decline Fordham, Northeastern, and UNLas Vegas. Then again, that's April fools day so maybe I should do it tomorrow :)

These are PhD fully funded lines. (MA completed)

I am going to Stony Brook, but waiting on wait lists at Tufts, Washington University in St. Louis and CU Boulder to make a final choice. I already declined Miami.

I like this thread too - I started it! But I think people have been a little wary to post these things until the final decision is made. I think we all wonder if our adcomm committees are secretly watching us :)

I really like Stony Brook, but the offer at WashU and TUfts would be better if I come off of the waitlist. Thank god there's time to think this over, but I really hope my declines help someone out!

i'm quite sure i'll be declining columbia within the next two days. —though not without some heartbreak : ( it seem likes a wonderful and vibrant place, and the profs and students there have been warm a& responsive.

i've been told that there's a waitlist (a subtle, and sensible, nudge to tell me to hurry up!)... so for any who are on that and would like to go, best of luck!!

i'm quite sure i'll be declining columbia within the next two days. —though not without some heartbreak : ( it seem likes a wonderful and vibrant place, and the profs and students there have been warm a& responsive.

i've been told that there's a waitlist (a subtle, and sensible, nudge to tell me to hurry up!)... so for any who are on that and would like to go, best of luck!!

Poppy and Simpleton, we all very much want to know where you are going ;)

I'm declining Cornell and Brown. I have 3 remaining offers in play, and should make a final decision from among those shortly after this coming weekend.

If anyone is waiting on Cornell, I know of four other students (3 of whom are not in gradcafe, and none of them have posted here) who either have already, or will definitely be turning down the offer.

It's worth noting, most schools will overaccept. While there's a few (NYU and UPenn comes to mind) that make exactly as many numbers as they have spots and go to the waitlist at the first declination, some programs will give out up to twice as many offers as they have spots--if not more.

Fingers crossed!

On Thursday, I will decline Fordham, Northeastern, and UNLas Vegas. Then again, that's April fools day so maybe I should do it tomorrow :)

I am going to Stony Brook, but waiting on wait lists at Tufts, Washington University in St. Louis and CU Boulder to make a final choice. I already declined Miami.

I like this thread too - I started it! But I think people have been a little wary to post these things until the final decision is made. I think we all wonder if our adcomm committees are secretly watching us :)

I really like Stony Brook, but the offer at WashU and TUfts would be better if I come off of the waitlist. Thank god there's time to think this over, but I really hope my declines help someone out!

EKPhrase, i'm hoping for an acceptance to northeastern:) maybe it'll be yours! haha

On 3/31/2010 at 12:00 AM, EKPhrase said:

I don't know if this is going to make you feel better or worse since you seem pretty set on Stony Brook but I'll be declining WashU's offer tomorrow. I'm also declining IU-Bloomington's offer which leaves three offers on the table. =/

On 3/31/2010 at 5:20 PM, diehtc0ke said:

I don't know if this is going to make you feel better or worse since you seem pretty set on Stony Brook but I'll be declining WashU's offer tomorrow. I'm also declining IU-Bloomington's offer which leaves three offers on the table. =/

Ah, Diet C0hke :) you know I am dying to get into WashU :) I'll pm you if they let me in!!

Hope you're well!

I have officially made my decision! I am going to Indiana University for 19th-century transatlantic fiction. I will be declining offers from Wisconsin, Illinois-UC, U-Mass Amherst, and Ohio State.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on decisions!

Hi Melusine, I declined a Rutgers Comp Lit offer, but that was about a week ago.

Thanks for the heads up, Pamphilia! they did accept someone (international, like me...) on the 23rd so I think that someone might have taken your spot..

I would definitely like to go to either program, but if I don't it's not a big deal either since I just got a great back-up plan: fully-funded English MA+TAship at my alma mater!

Thanks for the heads up, Pamphilia! they did accept someone (international, like me...) on the 23rd so I think that someone might have taken your spot..

I would definitely like to go to either program, but if I don't it's not a big deal either since I just got a great back-up plan: fully-funded English MA+TAship at my alma mater!

Hi all,

The international you mentioned is me.

I am a PhD applicant in Composition & Rhetoric with an emphasis in WPA and assessment. I declined two funded offers today from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale and Florida State University. I have also removed my name from the Bowling Green State University funding waitlist.

I have not accepted an offer from my school yet, so I'll hold off on posting that information.

For some strange reason I'm kind of flattered you confused me with Pamphilia. :)

For some strange reason I'm kind of flattered you confused me with Pamphilia. :)

Aw, shucks! I'm blushing at my desk.

lol! sorry!!

i'm not sure why but i always do.. something about your picture somehow strikes me as Pamphiliaesque! ;)

I take being mixed up with Callmelilyb and her icon as a high compliment! ...even if you're referring to the "real" character Pamphilia and not me! Haha.

You guys! I like you.