Fall 2019 Applicants

phonotactless

Hello, I am a pal of phonotactless who advised me to post here! Basically I am on CUNY's waitlist, and if I am not plucked off it, that's my second round of grad school apps out. I am told one other person is weighing up their options before committing, and if they don't pick CUNY then the place is mine. Basically posting here on the *slim* offchance that said person might be perusing Grad Cafe - fully encouraging you to choose another place and let me go to grad school lol.

Edited by throwaway_linguist
missed a word

5 hours ago, throwaway_linguist said:

Hello, I am a pal of phonotactless who advised me to post here! Basically I am on CUNY's waitlist, and if I am not plucked off it, that's my second round of grad school apps out. I am told one other person is weighing up their options before committing, and if they don't pick CUNY then the place is mine. Basically posting here on the *slim* offchance that said person might be perusing Grad Cafe - fully encouraging you to choose another place and let me go to grad school lol.

Fingers crossed for you, @throwaway_linguist! CUNY would be totally amazing.

19 hours ago, throwaway_linguist said:

Thank you! The 15th has been and gone now... I can't take much more waiting ahhhhh

Ahh that seems so frustrating! But there's still hope that people declined their spots and something opens up! I'm rooting for you!

An update on my situation, since I previously talked about it in this thread: I did get accepted off the waitlist at UW, but I also received full funding from IU. I ended up accepting IU's offer since it was a much better fit for me than UW was (I was just blinded by the prospect of living in Seattle). Both of these offers happened at the last second so unlike most people I had very little time to ultimately decide. If anyone else is going to IU, message me! I'd love to chat! Also looking for a roommate ;) 

• 2 weeks later...