Fall 2019 Applicants

phonotactless

what is penn doing and can they just reject me already

interview invites went out over a week ago and they're already sending acceptances to people they presumably interviewed so like... we both know how this is going to end, can you just make it official already pls

19 hours ago, lnik said:

Nice! Good luck. I almost applied for a masters in the Netherlands (University of Amsterdam), but the professor I would have been working with couldn't get funding for me. 

Thanks!

Indeed the Netherlands seem to be a bit reluctant to fund students.

20 hours ago, phonotactless said:

what is penn doing and can they just reject me already

interview invites went out over a week ago and they're already sending acceptances to people they presumably interviewed so like... we both know how this is going to end, can you just make it official already pls

Waiting hurts. 

10 hours ago, Gaunter O'Dimm said:

They're making their final decision tomorrow, but the accepted students might not hear for some time after that. If you didn't get interviewed, sorry!

Wow, I didn't even know they had already sent interview requests until I read your comment. How miserable T_T I think Im gonna be rejected by all schools I applied to 

4 hours ago, sedulous said:

Wow, I didn't even know they had already sent interview requests until I read your comment. How miserable T_T I think Im gonna be rejected by all schools I applied to 

Don't worry! Fake news and fake results in results section. ?

On 2/4/2019 at 12:00 PM, star1 said:

@lnik Do you have any information about Harvard? ?

I think they've already gotten to the interview stage, like @Gaunter O'Dimm said. My POI had made it sound like I was going to get an interview... but I didn't. Eh. Not my top choice so. ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

3 hours ago, lnik said:

Just got my first acceptance! It's making me feel more positive about everything. (And I have my interview weekend with Michigan, my #1, next week.)

Sending good vibes out to y'all. ❤️

Congrats!!! I also got into Chicago today!! Are you going to their open house?

8 hours ago, IsLaNdness said:

Congrats!!! I also got into Chicago today!! Are you going to their open house?

I'm unsure right now, but maybe? I want to talk to my current advisor to make a game plan- Chicago is a great school and even if I don't go there it might be a good idea to at least make connections there? Idk though... I'll let you know when I decide. I'm guessing you're going? ?

4 hours ago, lnik said:

I'm unsure right now, but maybe? I want to talk to my current advisor to make a game plan- Chicago is a great school and even if I don't go there it might be a good idea to at least make connections there? Idk though... I'll let you know when I decide. I'm guessing you're going? ?

Yeah I think I will be going ?  I live in the Chicago area, so it will just be a short bus ride for me to get on their campus

Hi all. This is my first post, but I’m no stranger to the struggle. I got tired of checking the results pages so often and decided to jump in here for some camaraderie.

Congrats to everybody who’s received some happy news. And for those still biting their nails over GG programs on the East Coast – stay strong! I think we’ll have a fair bit of decisions being communicated this week. :’)

1 hour ago, sedulous said:

why aren't they sending out rejection emails!?  it feels so cruel.

right? like according to the results search, previous years stanford rejections were always on valentine’s day... like just tell me you don’t want me and go pls 

19 hours ago, chomsk33t said:

Well, there it is. No go for me, but I couldn’t be happier that this MIT wait is finally over.

At this point, I’m still waiting to hear from UMass before I’m comfortable saying that my decision is made.

Nothing from UMass, right? Their deadline was december, 20, I thought at this point we would already know... 

3 hours ago, tardias said:

Nothing from UMass, right? Their deadline was december, 20, I thought at this point we would already know... 

That's correct, tardius. As far as I know, nobody has heard a peep from them. According to the results page, last year there were interviews conducted. So far, I haven't even a clue if they've incorporated interviews into their reviews this year.

Also, wow @ the stuff about McGill on the results page. It was me who posted the last comment asking people to consider more thoughtfully the content that they're leaving behind for future generations of applicants.