Resubmit bad SOP?

I submitted my application for my dream school very early (as in, about three months before the deadline), out of a combination of excitement for the program and relief to be done with my first application. As time goes by and I've revised my essay for other applications, I've realized I'm not particularly happy with that SOP I wrote and that it really is my first choice program. It's not that I despise my SOP, and I think that I still have a chance to be accepted with it, but I think I could make it much stronger.

I realize it was very stupid and impatient of me to submit so early without being 100% sure that I was satisfied with it. Do you think it would be better to contact the admissions department to ask about the possibility to resubmit, or would the lack of foresight which that implies outweigh any benefit from a stronger SOP? The program is for a Master's in Global Affairs, if that makes any difference. 

Thank you in advance for any opinions!

I briefly had the same thought, but I decided against it. Submitting a new SOP when the admissions committee has likely already read the old one feels to me to be the worst of both worlds.
But if you know that your application is still in the hands of admin and not the academics, maybe it's worth it.

1 hour ago, howdoiexitvim said:

I briefly had the same thought, but I decided against it. Submitting a new SOP when the admissions committee has likely already read the old one feels to me to be the worst of both worlds.
But if you know that your application is still in the hands of admin and not the academics, maybe it's worth it.

Seeing as the deadline is still over a month away and, based on the fact that acceptances are all released together, applications are reviewed at the same time, I think it's unlikely the admissions committee has already read it--though I don't know for sure that that's how it works. Perhaps it's worth asking that in the email to admin?

Honestly, I did the same thing but only submitted mine maybe a week ago. Then I realized a typo! I contacted all the grad admissions offices and all of them let me replace it but one. SO, if you feel that strongly about it I don't think it would hurt to contact them to ask.