UCLA MSW 2019 Applicants

Ayely

9 hours ago, reb123 said:

Hi! If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats and work experience? 

Hi! I have a BA in psych and criminology from UCI & a 3.9 junior/senior GPA. I don’t have much work experience compared to the older grads but i have about a few months of experience interning at a non profit for at risk youth and being a certified counselor for sexual assault survivors. What about you? Have you submitted the app yet?

6 minutes ago, Ayely said:

Hi! I have a BA in psych and criminology from UCI & a 3.9 junior/senior GPA. I don’t have much work experience compared to the older grads but i have about a few months of experience interning at a non profit for at risk youth and being a certified counselor for sexual assault survivors. What about you? Have you submitted the app yet?

I have a BS in Human Development and minor in psych from UCD. My junior/senior GPA is 3.5 so I'm not taking the GRE.  I don't have much social work experience compared to other applicants either. I've done internships in a research lab, hospital, and classrooms. I've also worked as a college health educator for one year and volunteered in nursing homes for 2 years. I haven't turned in my app yet ? Are you applying to other  MSW schools too? 

45 minutes ago, reb123 said:

I have a BS in Human Development and minor in psych from UCD. My junior/senior GPA is 3.5 so I'm not taking the GRE.  I don't have much social work experience compared to other applicants either. I've done internships in a research lab, hospital, and classrooms. I've also worked as a college health educator for one year and volunteered in nursing homes for 2 years. I haven't turned in my app yet ? Are you applying to other  MSW schools too? 

Yes CSULB CSUN CSUF CSULA as well, i wish you the best of luck! I will be submitting the app hopefully next week.

• 1 month later...

Hi there! I am a senior Psyc student graduating CSUF this Spring. I applied to CSUF, CSULB, and UCLA. I applied to the mental health concentration. 

My Jr/Sr GPA is a 3.75 and my overall is a 3.36. I have experience in ABA for a total of 4 years, I was a youth mentor with the mental health association for 6 months, I was a psychology peer mentor at CSUF for one semester (doing another semester right now) and I recently joined a new volunteer position this last month with an organization called MECCA where I am helping develop a curriculum for mental health awareness and stigma reduction. 

I am a little anxious if I will make it into a program but I am trying to stay positive! Sending you all positivity for your admissions status as well, we got this! 

You have great stats and you seem like a com

On 1/25/2019 at 12:52 PM, AMiscione said:

Hi there! I am a senior Psyc student graduating CSUF this Spring. I applied to CSUF, CSULB, and UCLA. I applied to the mental health concentration. 

My Jr/Sr GPA is a 3.75 and my overall is a 3.36. I have experience in ABA for a total of 4 years, I was a youth mentor with the mental health association for 6 months, I was a psychology peer mentor at CSUF for one semester (doing another semester right now) and I recently joined a new volunteer position this last month with an organization called MECCA where I am helping develop a curriculum for mental health awareness and stigma reduction. 

I am a little anxious if I will make it into a program but I am trying to stay positive! Sending you all positivity for your admissions status as well, we got this! 

You have great stats and experience! I wish you the best of luck too ?

• 1 month later...

Hey yeah I'm going insane over here as well.  I applied for the early deadline and UCLA is the only school that hasn't gotten back to me.  I've called a handful of times and the date keeps being pushed back but the last update I heard was by the end of March....  Even tho a lot of schools are asking for an enrollment decision before then :/

8 hours ago, caprisunsavvy said:

Hey everyone hope you all still have your sanity! This is so nerve wracking! Has anyone heard back yet? I'm assuming no but thought I would ask anyway! Thanks!

A lot of people heard back today!! I unfortunately wasn’t one of them. Still playing the waiting game! 

7 hours ago, UCLAhopeful19 said:

I'm pretty sure that they save rejections for last. So if you haven't already been accepted, they're most likely not sure about you or are gonna reject you. Someone please tell me I'm wrong ?

I spoke to Tiffany and she said there are more admissions that will come to an end in about 2 weeks! I’m not too worried since I am committed to CSULB, but it would be nice to get accepted regardless! I believe in you, stay strong! 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:42 AM, AMiscione said:

I spoke to Tiffany and she said there are more admissions that will come to an end in about 2 weeks! I’m not too worried since I am committed to CSULB, but it would be nice to get accepted regardless! I believe in you, stay strong! 

Aw thank you! I emailed her a couple of days ago and she said she is wrapping up decisions this week. Did you hear anything? 

7 hours ago, UCLAhopeful19 said:

Aw thank you! I emailed her a couple of days ago and she said she is wrapping up decisions this week. Did you hear anything? 

No I haven't heard back yet- a little sad but I just wanted to be wanted if that makes sense. Even if I was accepted I would still choose CSULB over UCLA due to a number of small reasons. But it would have been an honor to get recognized! How about you? Are there any other schools you are waiting on?

2 hours ago, AMiscione said:

No I haven't heard back yet- a little sad but I just wanted to be wanted if that makes sense. Even if I was accepted I would still choose CSULB over UCLA due to a number of small reasons. But it would have been an honor to get recognized! How about you? Are there any other schools you are waiting on?

I've heard back from a couple of schools and have been accepted to BU and UW, and rejected from UT Austin. I'm still waiting on CSULB and CSULA. UCLA is my top choice though. I've heard nothing yet ? Maybe this evening. Fingers crossed!