I is stressed *Non-Judgmental Space for PhD Applicants*

Just sitting here.. still waiting to hear back from NCSU (my #1). I haven't been rejected, but I've heard literal radio silence. I presume rejection, but I'd like the official notice before accepting an offer at my #2 school. I emailed the grad coordinator, she said she would reach out to the chair and get back to me.. then she never emailed me back. Feeling restless. Just send me the rejection already!

Do we think maybe I'm sitting in waitlist purgatory since I haven't been rejected yet this late in the game? I have heard from all other PhD program I've applied to at this point.

28 minutes ago, brighteyes said:

Just sitting here.. still waiting to hear back from NCSU (my #1). I haven't been rejected, but I've heard literal radio silence. I presume rejection, but I'd like the official notice before accepting an offer at my #2 school. I emailed the grad coordinator, she said she would reach out to the chair and get back to me.. then she never emailed me back. Feeling restless. Just send me the rejection already!

Do we think maybe I'm sitting in waitlist purgatory since I haven't been rejected yet this late in the game? I have heard from all other PhD program I've applied to at this point.

Did you interview? I'd say if you did not interview, then you could safely presume rejection. However - if you interviewed, congratulations and hopefully they'll reach out soon! So stressful!

On Friday, I reached out again to the school that  told me I'd get results two weeks ago (and I've seen people posting acceptances and rejections since then). They replied immediately and said I'd hear back early this week...so that has upped the stress. At this point, I just want to know what I'm going to be doing next year (whether it be school or an RA position). Where am I going to live?  Will my fiance find a job there?

On 3/23/2019 at 6:11 PM, honeyrue said:

Did you interview? I'd say if you did not interview, then you could safely presume rejection. However - if you interviewed, congratulations and hopefully they'll reach out soon! So stressful!

I did interview via skype, but it was way back in November. That's why I'm so perplexed. I thought the interview went great too. My POI and I really clicked, and she set me up with a skype talk with one of her grad students, which also seemed to go really well. 

5 hours ago, brighteyes said:

I did interview via skype, but it was way back in November. That's why I'm so perplexed. I thought the interview went great too. My POI and I really clicked, and she set me up with a skype talk with one of her grad students, which also seemed to go really well. 

Well, I spoke it into existence. Rejected from my top choice today. That one stung.

39 minutes ago, brighteyes said:

Well, I spoke it into existence. Rejected from my top choice today. That one stung.

So sorry! But at least you really like your second choice, too. You’re going to grad school! Congratulations!