UChicago Harris 2019

feedphil

Hi! Didn't see a thread for UofC Harris 2019. I'm an MPP Candidate and applied early action. Decisions are supposed to go out this week(?), according to a post from Ranjan Daniels on 12/19. Anyone got any info?

Edited by kfcg

Thanks for starting this thread kfcg! I actually didn't realize the notification date had changed until reading your post just now. I'm getting the same impression you did from his tweet, that early action decisions would go out today/sometime this week. I haven't heard anything recently (I checked my application portal just now) other than a generic "Here's more info on our school and students" packet that I got in the mail today.

Good luck to you, OP! Is Harris your top choice?

8 minutes ago, kfcg said:

Good luck to you, too! It's definitely up there. I just applied to HKS and Harris :) . How about you?

Cool! Harris is easily my number one, but I ended up applying to nearly ten schools this cycle (tgod for fee waivers). It's been hard to find transparent data on acceptance rates, yields, applicant profiles, etc. Not knowing where I'm competitive has meant not being able to narrow my scope!

If I'm purely going off prior years' forums and Ranjan's tweet, I'm guessing that we'll hear by the 4th. They've historically released the decisions on the portal Friday evenings but make calls to some of those with funding beforehand.

I got a phone call from UChicago Beijing Center today saying that I am admitted to Harris MPP, but it is said that official offer letters will not come until next week. In fact I initially applied for MSESP but this program are not admitting students in this admission cycle, so I changed to MPP - thank god that my application is still considered in the early action round

42 minutes ago, Timmy Yang said:

I got a phone call from UChicago Beijing Center today saying that I am admitted to Harris MPP, but it is said that official offer letters will not come until next week. In fact I initially applied for MSESP but this program are not admitting students in this admission cycle, so I changed to MPP - thank god that my application is still considered in the early action round

Congrats!!!! I also just got my call! (MPP) The representative I spoke to said the same, that all decisions would be in the portal next week but they are calling those with funding now.

I got my call this afternoon-- also I think I saw a tweet saying they are calling people today and tomorrow.  Honestly, I think I'll struggle to believe it until I see it in print, so I hope they post the letters to the portal soon!  Good luck to everyone!

Congrats to everyone who has already posted! I got my call this afternoon too and was accepted to the MPP program. They told me that I would get 20k in scholarship money, but I still want to see it in print before I completely believe it.

Congratulations to the ones who got the call!

Did anyone get a call for MSCAPP? The tweet says they will be calling today and tomorrow. So technically in India, it was last night and tonight. I am still hopeful, let's see. 

Just now, comaradeshao said:

Got a call from Harris representative, she said letters would come out on Wednesday. I am admitted and offered 10k 

I received a call too. She told me I was admitted and the letters with the full funding information would come out on Wednesday!

On 1/4/2019 at 1:06 AM, darkroastgopher said:

Congrats!!!! I also just got my call! (MPP) The representative I spoke to said the same, that all decisions would be in the portal next week but they are calling those with funding now.

Congrats to you too! And to all that are admitted! Unfortunately my AD is without scholarship, but it is said that there will be a scholarship reconsideration later so I'd better fight for it lol

4 hours ago, Timmy Yang said:

Congrats to you too! And to all that are admitted! Unfortunately my AD is without scholarship, but it is said that there will be a scholarship reconsideration later so I'd better fight for it lol

Hello Timmy, just wandering did you receive the formal AD letter? There is still no change on my application portal

6 hours ago, jamalliu said:

Hello Timmy, just wandering did you receive the formal AD letter? There is still no change on my application portal

Actually not yet, but @mfp9 said that it should come today... Not sure if this time scale applies to China though