UChicago Harris 2019

feedphil

On 3/9/2019 at 3:44 AM, TheGreatestLake said:

Excited to say I heard back from MAIDP on Thursday and it was good news. Sending best wishes to those that are waiting!

I do have a concern/ question about the MAIDP program at Harris however. I was accepted to the program but not to the Obama Fellowship  (an extremely bittersweet moment for sure!) Based on the conversation I had with the admissions team, the class for the MAIDP will be approximately 20 Obama Fellows and 20 MAIDP non Obama Fellows. Since the MAIDP program was initially launched to compliment the Obama Fellowship Program (as far as I can tell) I am worried that the curriculum/ structure of the MAIDP will feel incomplete without the additional leadership and training opportunities that fellows receive. Furthermore, I am concerned based on a combination of the current language of the website and a bit of my own self doubts, that non-Obama Fellow MAIDP students may be the ugly ducklings of the class.

Anyone else accepted to the MAIDP program but not the Obama Fellowship and if so, any thoughts on the above?
Anyone familiar with Harris that has an opinion/ thoughts on this?

Thanks so much and best of luck (and deep breaths) to all during this time!

Hi! I also heard back from the MAIDP program and was accepted, and am still under consideration for the scholarship. They said they will inform scholarship recipients by the end of month. I have similar concerns as you regarding the program... if I end up not receiving the scholarship I wonder if the program without the additional training and opportunities will help me achieve my goals. Did you gain any more insight, or have you made a decision? Thanks!

1 hour ago, clym2019 said:

Hi! I also heard back from the MAIDP program and was accepted, and am still under consideration for the scholarship. They said they will inform scholarship recipients by the end of month. I have similar concerns as you regarding the program... if I end up not receiving the scholarship I wonder if the program without the additional training and opportunities will help me achieve my goals. Did you gain any more insight, or have you made a decision? Thanks!

First things first, congratulations to you, good to know that you are still in the race and best wishes for the final scholarship outcome! 

Edited by Strider1

On 3/16/2019 at 2:23 AM, clym2019 said:

OMG, I haven't heard anything from Harris....which means I am probably denied by Harris...I thought it was late of March so I am just waiting...still can't believe it...

10 minutes ago, Chao said:

OMG, I haven't heard anything from Harris....which means I am probably denied by Harris...I thought it was late of March so I am just waiting...still can't believe it...

Thanks for writing that Chao, my words exactly, I am still chilling lol ? but as they say, it is not over until it is over. So let us wait and watch!

1 hour ago, Strider1 said:

Thanks for writing that Chao, my words exactly, I am still chilling lol ? but as they say, it is not over until it is over. So let us wait and watch!

Thanks for encouraging. I already give up and will join a party with my colleagues.  

Not that I have any hope for MAIDP but I could see a decision letter section in the portal few weeks ago which was blank. I haven't heard from Harris and the section is not there any more, will they only contact the successful candidates?

16 hours ago, Pegziii said:

Not that I have any hope for MAIDP but I could see a decision letter section in the portal few weeks ago which was blank. I haven't heard from Harris and the section is not there any more, will they only contact the successful candidates?

same situation here and I have no idea about it either.

3 hours ago, Pegziii said:

Admission office replied my email saying that all applicant will be informed about the results by the end of March.

Glad to know. Thanks!