Fall 2019 Experimental Psychology Canadian Applicants!

lmk94

3 hours ago, eggs.pdf said:

Hey guys, just got my official letter from U of T - hopefully you guys have, too :)

Was it mailed or sent through email? 

On 2/8/2019 at 2:32 PM, Jahoon said:

Hi Everyone, 

I’ve applied to the PhD program in Applied Social Psychology at the University of Guelph. Have you guys heard anything? 

Hi! I have also applied to the PhD program in Applied Social Psychology at the U of Guelph. Yesterday, I got an invitation to the interview day. 

19 hours ago, lmk94 said:

Was it mailed or sent through email? 

POI emailed me to let me know, and the official letter via mail and electronic version via SGS website are forthcoming! 

Edited by eggs.pdf

4 minutes ago, eggs.pdf said:

POI emailed me to let me know, and the official letter via mail and electronic version via SGS website are forthcoming! 

Oh perfect. Thanks, & congratulations by the way! My U of T ACORN account shows that I've been "invited", which is supposedly a good sign after I scoured some old threads on here, but I won't celebrate until I have an official letter! 

19 minutes ago, AnnieOften said:

Has anyone here applied to Brock/heard anything from them? Thanks!

Yes, I received an invite to their open house a few weeks back. Open house is this coming Friday. 

Just now, lmk94 said:

Oh perfect. Thanks, & congratulations by the way! My U of T ACORN account shows that I've been "invited", which is supposedly a good sign after I scoured some old threads on here, but I won't celebrate until I have an official letter! 

That is a good sign - my ACORN also shows that status! Fingers crossed that you're in, especially since you said you were interviewing at UTM as well ?

13 minutes ago, eggs.pdf said:

That is a good sign - my ACORN also shows that status! Fingers crossed that you're in, especially since you said you were interviewing at UTM as well ?

Yes! Hopefully this is me getting a head start on getting to know my cohort, lol! ??

9 minutes ago, AnnieOften said:

Congratulations! Do you mind letting me know who your PI is? Thanks!

Thank you! I will PM you. 

11 minutes ago, bananasananas said:

Thanks! Mine doesn’t say that, so not good news for me ?

I don’t want to instill any false hope, but on some older MSW threads here, there were several people that ended up with admission offers without their ACORN changing. So this doesn’t necessarily mean rejection! 

5 minutes ago, lmk94 said:

I don’t want to instill any false hope, but on some older MSW threads here, there were several people that ended up with admission offers without their ACORN changing. So this doesn’t necessarily mean rejection! 

Okay! I’m not really hopeful/optimistic, but will probably know soon enough

On 2/13/2019 at 1:00 AM, lmk94 said:

Thank you! My deadline to accept is February 28th. 

Congratulations!! Do you mind if I ask which specific sub discipline you applied to?

11 hours ago, HAC said:

Congratulations!! Do you mind if I ask which specific sub discipline you applied to?

Thank you! My sub discipline is Brain & Behavior. 

On 2/12/2019 at 4:24 PM, bananasananas said:

Do you mind letting me know your deadline to accept/decline the offer? (also congrats :) ) 

Mine is April 15, but I am a Canadian student