• Northwestern (Analytics)
  • NYU (Data Science)
  • UMichigan (Data Science)
  • Columbia (Data Science)
  • UMinnesota (Data Science)

Rejected:

• Stanford (ICME - Data Science)
  • UWashington (Data Science)

Hey! That's amazing. Congrats on all your admits. Do you know what the class size of NYU MSDS is? I have applied but haven't heard from them yet. Saw a lot of admits already. Hoping that I don't get rejected.

6 hours ago, AnxPan said:

Hey! That's amazing. Congrats on all your admits. Do you know what the class size of NYU MSDS is? I have applied but haven't heard from them yet. Saw a lot of admits already. Hoping that I don't get rejected.

Admitted students page says they are anticipating a class of 150.

10 hours ago, AnxPan said:

Hey how's your NYU application going?

I just received an email that I'm on the WL

Hi I'll update my status...

University of Washington (Data Science) - Accepted

Georgia Tech (Analytics) - Accepted

North Carolina State University (Analytics) - Accepted

University of Rochester (Data Science) - Accepted

NYU (Data Science) - Waitlisted

Columbia (Data Science) - Pending

University of Southern California (CS - Data Science track) - Pending, maybe rejection

Anybody got admitted into UW or GaTech? I'm deciding between those two...unless Columbia surprises me with an admit ?

14 hours ago, Fpmar said:

Hi I'll update my status...

University of Washington (Data Science) - Accepted

Georgia Tech (Analytics) - Accepted

North Carolina State University (Analytics) - Accepted

University of Rochester (Data Science) - Accepted

NYU (Data Science) - Waitlisted

Columbia (Data Science) - Pending

University of Southern California (CS - Data Science track) - Pending, maybe rejection

Anybody got admitted into UW or GaTech? I'm deciding between those two...unless Columbia surprises me with an admit ?

Congratulations on all your admits! When did you hear back from GaTech?

52 minutes ago, Mojito said:

Congratulations on all your admits! When did you hear back from GaTech?

Thanks!

I got my admission letter to GaTech on Feb 21st

On 3/13/2019 at 5:23 AM, AnxPan said:

I also did not hear back from NYU. Not even as waitlisted. However, don't assume to be rejected. Last year results page for NYU MSDS shows that acceptance offers were released in a couple of rounds.

@nyan_cat I saw that as well on the LinkedIn page, but I was pretty surprised at the size of the class. I'm currently debating between NYU, Northwestern (Analytics), and Washington, and I like the idea of a being in a smaller cohort. Not sure if that will ultimately make much of a difference though

2 hours ago, thrasher88 said:

@nyan_cat  Thanks! It's definitely going to be a difficult decision. Is NYU's program your top choice?

I still have a couple of programs’ decisions outstanding. NYU is definitely a top choice, though!

2 hours ago, Waiting2019 said:

@nyan_cat - how much bigger is NYU than previous years? Where do you see that it was 150?  I was admitted, but my concerns are: high cost of living for housing, that the classes seem to be mostly at night (is this more a program for working professionals?) and the large size of the cohort. 

Hi there! On the LinkedIn group for admitted students, there are FAQs and one of the responses notes that the cohort size is estimated at 150. They showed some graphs of the cohort size by year and it looks like the max of previous years was around 75-80.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:01 PM, nyan_cat said:

Hi there! On the LinkedIn group for admitted students, there are FAQs and one of the responses notes that the cohort size is estimated at 150. They showed some graphs of the cohort size by year and it looks like the max of previous years was around 75-80.

Hey there, how many people are in the group if you don't mind me asking? Still waiting on a response from NYU (it's my top choice, but also applied to Penn, Columbia and UCLA). Also do you mind if I ask what your GPA/GRE scores are?