Loma Linda University Interview 2019

I received an email confirming an interview on February 22nd. Did anyone else receive an Interview? If so, when?

Also, does anyone have an advice for LLU's interview? Does anyone know what it has looked like in the past? What should I expect? I had a friend interview at New York Medical College recently and she felt that it was a formality. Is LLU's more of a formality, or are they actually weeding out applicants?

Just now, lasmith said:

Also, does anyone have advice for LLU's interview? 

I learned the hard way. Do not ask/talk/joke about coffee or any other caffeinated beverage. (I recommend the Starbucks at 1690 S Tippecanoe Ave over the one on  Redlands Blvd.)

If you're driving the campus, make sure you know well in advance where you can park, develop a couple of parking options, and make sure you budget enough time to walk from your car to your destination and refocus on the interview. If you're instructed to park in P3, please be advised that the drive aisles are tight and the functional design is ... unconventional.

If you're coming to campus in the morning, you may encounter a surprising amount of traffic and a lot of sun glare. If you're driving to LAX after the interview, do what you can to leave campus by 3 PM else expect the worst of Southern California traffic.

9 hours ago, lasmith said:

I received an email confirming an interview on February 22nd. Did anyone else receive an Interview? If so, when?

Also, does anyone have an advice for LLU's interview? Does anyone know what it has looked like in the past? What should I expect? I had a friend interview at New York Medical College recently and she felt that it was a formality. Is LLU's more of a formality, or are they actually weeding out applicants?

Congrats on the interview. I applied to LLU as well

On 1/30/2019 at 8:10 PM, Toya said:

Congrats on the interview. I applied to LLU as well

That's awesome! Tell me if you get an interview and when.

Good luck with the rest of your applications and admissions.

On 1/30/2019 at 12:52 PM, Sigaba said:

I learned the hard way. Do not ask/talk/joke about coffee or any other caffeinated beverage. (I recommend the Starbucks at 1690 S Tippecanoe Ave over the one on  Redlands Blvd.)

If you're driving the campus, make sure you know well in advance where you can park, develop a couple of parking options, and make sure you budget enough time to walk from your car to your destination and refocus on the interview. If you're instructed to park in P3, please be advised that the drive aisles are tight and the functional design is ... unconventional.

If you're coming to campus in the morning, you may encounter a surprising amount of traffic and a lot of sun glare. If you're driving to LAX after the interview, do what you can to leave campus by 3 PM else expect the worst of Southern California traffic.

How do you like the program at LLU? 

15 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

Just curious: what happened when you talked about coffee?

I got a polite glaring smile.

The AVP to whom I was speaking let me know that Adventists have dietary restrictions and don't drink coffee.

10 hours ago, Sigaba said:

I got a polite glaring smile.

The AVP to whom I was speaking let me know that Adventists have dietary restrictions and don't drink coffee.

Oh, whoops. Awkward. 

On the plus side, at least you didn't mention alcohol!