Midwestern Glendale

Hi guys! Has anyone received an interview invitation from MWU Glendale yet or have already interviewed? I submitted my application before Christmas, received an "interview waitlist" email stating my application was placed on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview. It's the beginning of February and I'm skeptical now. ?  I have a 3.3 major GPA, 3.58 last 60 units, and awful GRE scores below 290.

I also received my first rejection from ASU this week. I have 5 more programs I'm waiting to hear from, MWU-Glendale being one of the 5. 

I know it's early in the waiting process, it's just my nerves I guess, hehe ?

#tryingtostaypositive

P.S. I'm from California and I have applied to CSUF, Biola, NAU, ASU, MWU Glendale, and University of Arizona

Edited by eachey17
needed to include more details

Hi! I have. I received my invite early in January and interviewed with them about a week ago. I haven’t heard an answer yet whether or not I was accepted. They said they typically interview until March. So don’t lose hope! My stats were similar to yours also. Which track for NAU did you apply to?

54 minutes ago, KendallSLPA said:

Hi! I have. I received my invite early in January and interviewed with them about a week ago. I haven’t heard an answer yet whether or not I was accepted. They said they typically interview until March. So don’t lose hope! My stats were similar to yours also. Which track for NAU did you apply to?

I applied for Full-Time! ? 

2 minutes ago, hiimkhanh said:

I submitted my application for MWU-Glendale on 1/10 /19 and received an invitation to interview on 1/12/19 via email. I then interviewed on 01/28/19 and received notice that I was accepted into the program today, 02/11/19.

That's awesome! Congrats on the acceptance!! I submitted my application 12/18/18 and got an interview waitlist email on 12/20/18 where they said: "The Admissions Committee for the College of Health Sciences Speech-Language Pathology Program has put your application on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview." That was about 8 weeks ago and haven't received any updates ? 

5 minutes ago, libbyyehca said:

That's awesome! Congrats on the acceptance!! I submitted my application 12/18/18 and got an interview waitlist email on 12/20/18 where they said: "The Admissions Committee for the College of Health Sciences Speech-Language Pathology Program has put your application on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview." That was about 8 weeks ago and haven't received any updates ? 

Hoping for the best for you! They do rolling admissions so don't lose hope!

I submitted my application for Midwestern on 01/12/2019 and just had my interview with them last Friday, 02/15/2019. I have not yet heard back from them, but they say I should receive an answer within 2-3 weeks. They do rolling admissions, so I wouldn't worry if you haven't been invited to interview yet!

• 1 month later...

Update! I called admissions and they told me I'm still on the interview waitlist :) 

I hope I'll be contacted next month. Received an email about contacting individuals on the waitlist for interviews if there are spots left in Mid-April.

#positivethoughts

On 3/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, libbyyehca said:

Update! I called admissions and they told me I'm still on the interview waitlist :) 

I hope I'll be contacted next month. Received an email about contacting individuals on the waitlist for interviews if there are spots left in Mid-April.

#positivethoughts

They had a list of 19 deposited students, out of a cohort of 25. Good luck to you!!

2 hours ago, hiimkhanh said:

They had a list of 19 deposited students, out of a cohort of 25. Good luck to you!!

Thanks! That's good to hear.

Coincidentally, I'm moving out to the Phoenix area with my mother around or after Memorial Day. We had to sell our house due to financial reasons. California is so expensive ? 

• 1 year later...
On 12/14/2020 at 1:25 PM, Emehteg1 said:

@Liza_Ann_92hey, I'm a first year at MWU Glendale. Let me know if you have any questions!! Good Luck

Hi! I had my interview on Friday. The whole interview day went pretty well! I was a part of the first group to be interviewed. The faculty who interviewed me were welcoming and asked me questions I was ready to answer lol.. I was kind of nervous, but I think it went well. I think I did okay on writing sample too. Overall, I walked away from the experience feeling positive :)

What was the interview process like for you and when did you find out about your admission status?

2 hours ago, Liza_Ann_92 said:

Hi! I had my interview on Friday. The whole interview day went pretty well! I was a part of the first group to be interviewed. The faculty who interviewed me were welcoming and asked me questions I was ready to answer lol.. I was kind of nervous, but I think it went well. I think I did okay on writing sample too. Overall, I walked away from the experience feeling positive :)

What was the interview process like for you and when did you find out about your admission status?

Yay!! Congrats. Do you remember who interviewed you? So, I applied end of January and received my interview invite the next day. I scheduled my interview for February 14th. I have 2 friends from my undergrad who are currently 2nd years so they helped me with the interview process. My interview was in person, and there were 4 other applicants. There was a campus tour, presentation from Dr. Christensen, interview, then writing prompt. I was the first interview of the day and it went smoothly. One of my now professors walked me out and told me "I think you would be a great fit for this program!". I was called March 6th. I know some people waited 1-2 weeks and some 1 month. 

I was a wreck waiting for the call. I have no tips for being calm haha

1 hour ago, Emehteg1 said:

Yay!! Congrats. Do you remember who interviewed you? So, I applied end of January and received my interview invite the next day. I scheduled my interview for February 14th. I have 2 friends from my undergrad who are currently 2nd years so they helped me with the interview process. My interview was in person, and there were 4 other applicants. There was a campus tour, presentation from Dr. Christensen, interview, then writing prompt. I was the first interview of the day and it went smoothly. One of my now professors walked me out and told me "I think you would be a great fit for this program!". I was called March 6th. I know some people waited 1-2 weeks and some 1 month. 

I was a wreck waiting for the call. I have no tips for being calm haha

Thanks! MacPherson and LaCroix :) 

• 2 years later...