APRIL IS DEFINITELY IT!!!!!!

origin415

same here...although my 2nd batch of apps were completed end of Jan. Everyday i think...this is the day...and @ night i think...tomorrow will be the day

I do the SAME exact thing. Although I have to be honest, sometimes when I check the mail and I don't have anything, I'm RELIEVED because it's one more day I don't have to receive a rejection letter! (I am such a negative thinker!)

Just got an email from a friend at my dream school. He attended the staff meeting today and he said that the last of the applicants are being finalized. Also mentioned that he's pretty sure I was part of that group. My dream school decisions will be sent out at the end of next week. Oh boy...the wait is definitely going to be unbearable.

I do the SAME exact thing. Although I have to be honest, sometimes when I check the mail and I don't have anything, I'm RELIEVED because it's one more day I don't have to receive a rejection letter! (I am such a negative thinker!)

Daniela, I actually have similar feelings. After so many rejections, I really think that no news is good news, although April 15th is getting a little too close for comfort...unsure.gif

Just got an email from UIUC. Finally got an acceptance. I had an idea this was coming. (My friend is an alum of the program and he was back visiting yesterday. He sent me a message letting me know that I'd be hearing from them soon.) Now, if OSU would get back to me...

Congratulations, rooster34! So happy for you! smile.gif

Just got an email from a friend at my dream school. He attended the staff meeting today and he said that the last of the applicants are being finalized. Also mentioned that he's pretty sure I was part of that group. My dream school decisions will be sent out at the end of next week. Oh boy...the wait is definitely going to be unbearable.

joro, keep the spirit! Let's hope you'll get the good news from the school next week! smile.gif

yeah hang in there...1.5weeks isn't so bad, plus its easter this weekend (i actually forgot about this, & i'm supposed to be catholic lol) focus on other stuff :)

yeah hang in there...1.5weeks isn't so bad, plus its easter this weekend (i actually forgot about this, & i'm supposed to be catholic lol) focus on other stuff :)

martizzle, go to church for Holy Week masses then!cool.gif

I just called the grad admissions coordinator for my last school today (first choice). She said they're holding my file - I think they're trying to find funding for my first year (potential advisor will be on sabbatical the first year). She said they'll probably decide at their April meeting, which meets on April 19!!! I explained that I have to let other schools know by April 15. She replied that maybe they'll be able to meet earlier. The profs are all on break now, so hopefully they'll come back ready to make decisions and invite me to their program. Otherwise I'll be a very sad girl. sad.gif

I just called the grad admissions coordinator for my last school today (first choice). She said they're holding my file - I think they're trying to find funding for my first year (potential advisor will be on sabbatical the first year). She said they'll probably decide at their April meeting, which meets on April 19!!! I explained that I have to let other schools know by April 15. She replied that maybe they'll be able to meet earlier. The profs are all on break now, so hopefully they'll come back ready to make decisions and invite me to their program. Otherwise I'll be a very sad girl. sad.gif

Having a potential supervisor on sabbatical on the first year is tricky, but I hope that everything will come through for you, jeanne! All the best!

They're not allowed to do April Fool's jokes, right? unsure.gif

lol only April Fool's jokes if I get a rejection tomorrow! Then I will try to convince myself it's April Fools! :rolleyes:

Having a potential supervisor on sabbatical on the first year is tricky, but I hope that everything will come through for you, jeanne! All the best!

I know ... It's a complicated situation. I was *supposed* to be with another advisor, but his co-PI got sick and they're not renewing grants, so that fell through. He sent me to this other advisor (who's the one I actually really really want to work with anyway), but she's on sabbatical next year.

In terms of everything besides funding, I've heard that having your advisor on sabbatical the first year is actually not too bad because I'll be taking mostly classes anyway. It's just whether they can provide me with another assistantship for that year, I guess.

Still waiting to hear from the only school that I applied to. Unfortunately, they will not review any admission apps until the middle of May and let applicants know by the end of May. It is an online Ed.D program and they do not accept anyone with funding. So, I guess April will not be it for me.

Finally got another acceptance after 2 months of silence. I did my daily round of website status checks and found that my status has changed from AcadReview to Referred for OSU. Only 6 more schools left... <_<

Finally got another acceptance after 2 months of silence. I did my daily round of website status checks and found that my status has changed from AcadReview to Referred for OSU. Only 6 more schools left... <_<

Hate to burst any bubbles, but my status at OSU changed from AcadReview to Referred on or around the 7th of February and I still haven't heard from them. So far, I've sent two emails (the second was today) to the grad. studies coordinator in the stat's department and one to the grad. school (to try and get them to explain just what the referred status means.) Perhaps you know something that I do not?

Edited by rooster34

Hate to burst any bubbles, but my status at OSU changed from AcadReview to Referred on or around the 7th of February and I still haven't heard from them. So far, I've sent two emails (the second was today) to the grad. studies coordinator in the stat's department and one to the grad. school (to try and get them to explain just what the referred status means.) Perhaps you know something that I do not?

I thought it meant accepted? Perhaps not? Oh well, I'm still glad that the status changed to something else. :lol:

EDIT: Searched other forums and it seems that people have received an acceptance after their status changed to referred. According to the posts I've read, it means that your app was referred to the school for admission.

Edited by joro

I thought it meant accepted? Perhaps not? Oh well, I'm still glad that the status changed to something else. :lol:

EDIT: Searched other forums and it seems that people have received an acceptance after their status changed to referred. According to the posts I've read, it means that your app was referred to the school for admission.

I did the same and I was under the same impression. But, after two months of waiting, I am beginning to think that may not be the case. We'll see what happens next week. If I don't get a response from the email I sent, I am going to call. It is a lot easier to ignore an email than it is to ignore a phone call! For both of our sakes, I hope that you are correct! I'll let you know what I find out.

April is definitely it for me. Just received another acceptance, but still isn't the one school I'm waiting for. I'm happy either way that decisions are being sent out now.

I was under the impression that "Referred" meant the university had decided that you met the minimum requirements for the school and they referred you to your department. Then the department decides if they want you. Like Caffeinated I have also been referred by a couple schools for a while now and I haven't been admitted to them yet. Though maybe different schools have different definitions of "Referred". But either way I imagine it's a good sign.

got waitlisted for one school, which i found out after calling them (I highly doubt they'd email us to notify of our app statuses). still have to wait for two more schools... I called one of them, and the academic coordinator told me they'll try to send out all decisions by end of this week. well, HELLO! that week's ending today!

the other school has a history of its sluggish decision process, so patience, patience before I lose my sanity...

I was under the impression that "Referred" meant the university had decided that you met the minimum requirements for the school and they referred you to your department. Then the department decides if they want you. Like Caffeinated I have also been referred by a couple schools for a while now and I haven't been admitted to them yet. Though maybe different schools have different definitions of "Referred". But either way I imagine it's a good sign.

When it was in "AcadReview" the notice said it was sent to the department for academic review.