CBU Interviews-SLP

13 minutes ago, Emehteg1 said:

I just recieved a call from CBU inviting me to their interview!!! I'm so excited! 

Please, if you have interviewed with them before leave your advice. I would greatly appreciate it :)

congrats, I was going to apply. 

2 minutes ago, Rezzy S. said:

I heard back this afternoon, too! Good luck!

Good luck to you too! Are you scheduled the 1st or the 2nd? 

My friend and I are separated. I got the 2nd. 

1 hour ago, Emehteg1 said:

Good luck to you too! Are you scheduled the 1st or the 2nd? 

My friend and I are separated. I got the 2nd. 

On the 1st! It'll be my first grad school interview so I'm nervous!

46 minutes ago, Rezzy S. said:

On the 1st! It'll be my first grad school interview so I'm nervous!

I graduated with my B.S last year. I didnt feel I was ready for grad school yet so I didnt apply and instead gained therapy experience as an RBT. This is my first grad school interview as well! You'll do great :)

37 minutes ago, hiimkhanh said:

What time are your interviews at CBU? Mines at 11am! Did you guys opt for the campus tour? 

My interview is at 8:30 a.m. 

Yes, I will be going on the tour.

2 hours ago, hiimkhanh said:

What time are your interviews at CBU? Mines at 11am! Did you guys opt for the campus tour? 

Congrats! Mine is in the afternoon and I'm doing the tour.

Has anyone recieved their email from CBU informing them about the interview. I recieved the call from Stephanie but not the email. I hope I'm not the only one. 

Same! I imagine we'll get it next week.

On 2/22/2019 at 4:29 PM, Emehteg1 said:

Has anyone recieved their email from CBU informing them about the interview. I recieved the call from Stephanie but not the email. I hope I'm not the only one. 

I got the email today.

1 hour ago, Rezzy S. said:

I got the email today.

I havent recieved the email yet. I'm hoping it's because my interview is on the 2nd. If I dont receive it tomorrow I'll email Stephanie.

3 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

Does anyone know anything about what questions they will ask? I was trying to find a post from previous years and haven’t had any luck.

Everything I've heard from past applicants who've been accepted into the program is "know why you want to go to cbu" and if you can tie their mission statement into it. 

Everything I've heard from past applicants who've been accepted into the program is "know why you want to go to cbu" and if you can tie their mission statement into it. 

Great info! Thank you!

Not a bad interview at all. For those going tomorrow, be able to explain why SLP, why CBU, and some particular things you are drawn to in the field. The faculty/staff were all so nice and courteous. There were at least 14 or so people there interviewing during my time bracket alone so it sounds like a lot of people are being interviewed.

• 11 months later...
On 3/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, Rezzy S. said:

Not a bad interview at all. For those going tomorrow, be able to explain why SLP, why CBU, and some particular things you are drawn to in the field. The faculty/staff were all so nice and courteous. There were at least 14 or so people there interviewing during my time bracket alone so it sounds like a lot of people are being interviewed.

How was the essay portion of the interview?