WWS Fall 2019

hope_springs

I received my rejection email just now. This was my first and weakest application! I feel kinda down, but I know that these processes can be a crapshoot and that the stuff I turned into the other schools was superior in quality. I wonder if they offer feedback?

10 hours ago, acerbicb said:

I received my rejection email just now. This was my first and weakest application! I feel kinda down, but I know that these processes can be a crapshoot and that the stuff I turned into the other schools was superior in quality. I wonder if they offer feedback?

Never know until you reach out! 

4 hours ago, backbackagain said:

Any other admits having trouble accessing financial aid information? 

Website is down for maintenance until March 16th, 14:00 eastern time. Before the maintenance window, no troubles accessing the offer information. 

On 3/15/2019 at 8:26 PM, acerbicb said:

A long time ago, I applied as a college junior to Princeton's PPIA program and was rejected. I chased them for feedback and they obliged. The feedback was very honest, very good, and very actionable. It helped me better understand what admissions committees were looking for.

This year, I applied the lessons learnt to my WWS application (and others) and was accepted. So I would definitely encourage you to reach out! I think reaching out for feedback is a high-reward low-risk proposition - you can only gain from it. Worst case scenario is they say no / ignore you. Best case scenario is they give you awesome feedback and you grow / do better in the future!

Edited by nomnomnomnom

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 4:49 AM, nomnomnomnom said:

A long time ago, I applied as a college junior to Princeton's PPIA program and was rejected. I chased them for feedback and they obliged. The feedback was very honest, very good, and very actionable. It helped me better understand what admissions committees were looking for.

This year, I applied the lessons learnt to my WWS application (and others) and was accepted. So I would definitely encourage you to reach out! I think reaching out for feedback is a high-reward low-risk proposition - you can only gain from it. Worst case scenario is they say no / ignore you. Best case scenario is they give you awesome feedback and you grow / do better in the future!

Would you mind sharing with us what feedback they gave you?

14 hours ago, Spurs said:

Would you mind sharing with us what feedback they gave you?

Sure. Broadly speaking, first, the goals in my personal statement were too broad (read: fluffy) and not specific enough, relative to other applicants. There is strength in specificity. Second, my application package as a whole lacked a specific gap / gaps I wanted to fill via their program -- which makes sense, right -- if I were perfect I wouldn't need to apply to school. So the implication was that my package could've been strengthened if I were  more honest / aware about my weaknesses and more intentional about how the program would address these weaknesses.

11 hours ago, nomnomnomnom said:

Sure. Broadly speaking, first, the goals in my personal statement were too broad (read: fluffy) and not specific enough, relative to other applicants. There is strength in specificity. Second, my application package as a whole lacked a specific gap / gaps I wanted to fill via their program -- which makes sense, right -- if I were perfect I wouldn't need to apply to school. So the implication was that my package could've been strengthened if I were  more honest / aware about my weaknesses and more intentional about how the program would address these weaknesses.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 9:50 PM, twenty-seven said:

I got waitlisted! They only accepted 7 international students last year, so I won't beat myself up for this. Does anyone have any info about WWS waitlist?

Did you hear from WWS on the wait list?

On 4/21/2019 at 3:16 PM, sherpa said:

Did you hear from WWS on the wait list?

On 4/21/2019 at 10:50 PM, ssr12013 said:

Same question from above. Has anyone on the wait list heard back? 

I heard back form them, I'm declining their offer. 

5 hours ago, twenty-seven said:

I heard back form them, I'm declining their offer. 

Did they call or email you? And, if you don't mind sharing, why have you decided to decline their offer? 

17 hours ago, ssr12013 said:

Did they call or email you? And, if you don't mind sharing, why have you decided to decline their offer? 

They called me to confirm my continued interest in the waitlist and after I said yes, they offered me a spot, then they sent the e-mail and they sent the actual letter to my home address. I declined because I wanted a more international program both in composition of the class and in the approach towards International Development. WWS is absolutely amazing and they are very generous but they are very domestic focused (confirmed by several alumnus) and that's not what I wanted in a Master's Degree.  That being said, I feel very honored for being considered and I hope some of you gets the good news soon. 

6 hours ago, twenty-seven said:

They called me to confirm my continued interest in the waitlist and after I said yes, they offered me a spot, then they sent the e-mail and they sent the actual letter to my home address. I declined because I wanted a more international program both in composition of the class and in the approach towards International Development. WWS is absolutely amazing and they are very generous but they are very domestic focused (confirmed by several alumnus) and that's not what I wanted in a Master's Degree.  That being said, I feel very honored for being considered and I hope some of you gets the good news soon. 

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for sharing. So which program will you be attending? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 12:26 PM, acerbicb said:

New post up for feedback 

https://wws.princeton.edu/admissions/wws-blog/item/can-i-get-some-feedback