I saw this type of thread for other majors and I thought I start one here. This in no way is meant to pressure individuals to make decisions but rather help the waitlisters in being able to know if there is hope in getting into the program of choice.  I hope this thread will be helpful for everyone who is involved in this hectic process of grad school applications. 

12 minutes ago, psychxgeekx said:

I saw this type of thread for other majors and I thought I start one here. This in no way is meant to pressure individuals to make decisions but rather help the waitlisters in being able to know if there is hope in getting into the program of choice.  I hope this thread will be helpful for everyone who is involved in this hectic process of grad school applications. 

This is a great idea! Thank you for starting it! It will be helpful to us waitlisted for our top programs!

On 2/26/2019 at 10:48 AM, ommm232 said:

Posted on the results page and Psychology PhD but here you go:

Turned down offer at Arizona (Counseling PhD) and UNL (Clinical PhD)

Who was your POI for UNL? If you don't mind sharing! Waitlisted and eager to hear back.

Will be declining at James Madison University's Combined-Integrated Clinical and School Psychology PsyD. POI: TS. I feel like I connected very well to this POI but I have been admitted at another program that is a better fit for my interests and long-term goals. I'm hoping to say that in my email to the program director. But what should I say to the POI I interviewed with? I feel like I should also reach out to him to thank him for the opportunity as I feel he advocated for me.

Edited by ASDadvocate

2 hours ago, ASDadvocate said:

Will be declining at James Madison University's Combined-Integrated Clinical and School Psychology PsyD. POI: TS. I feel like I connected very well to this POI but I have been admitted at another program that is a better fit for my interests and long-term goals. I'm hoping to say that in my email to the program director. But what should I say to the POI I interviewed with? I feel like I should also reach out to him to thank him for the opportunity as I feel he advocated for me.

I think that's totally reasonable to tell your POI too!  They understand.  If I was writing the email, I'd reiterate your gratitude and how hard of a decision it was for you (if that's true), and that you hope this will open up a spot for another student on the waitlist. Good luck! It can be hard telling POIs that you're declining their offer. :) 

Hey everyone.. Has anyone received an offer of admission from the school psychology doctoral program at UW-Madison? If so, are you planning on accepting? I'm currently on the alternate list. 

20 hours ago, clinical_psych_hopeful said:

I think that's totally reasonable to tell your POI too!  They understand.  If I was writing the email, I'd reiterate your gratitude and how hard of a decision it was for you (if that's true), and that you hope this will open up a spot for another student on the waitlist. Good luck! It can be hard telling POIs that you're declining their offer. :) 

Thank you for your input! This is really helpful ?

• 4 weeks later...