LIU POST - picking a cohort

I got accepted to my undergrad school - LIU Post. I am wondering what cohort to choose; A or B. A starts clinic first semester, but it is pre-clinic; observing clients in clinic. Second semester is clinic, but they also ease you into it. Cohort B would be the same, just starting pre-clinic in semester 2. Does anyone have any advice? I feel like starting pre-clinic the first semester would be doable. I also think maybe cohort B would be good to work a little the first semester.

Congrats!! I was accepted into LIU Post too. Just wondering, how did you find out about the different cohorts? I know very little about the program and I’m hoping to find out more, I was just wondering if you knew who I should contact? And to answer your question, I would definitely choose cohort A, I would want to jump right in to it. However I know what you mean about wanting some time to work, I’m also trying to figure out how I’m going to balance my work schedule with school. But you might still be able to work while attending pre-clinic/clinic, depending on your weekly schedule! 

8 hours ago, Speechie713 said:

Congrats!! I was accepted into LIU Post too. Just wondering, how did you find out about the different cohorts? I know very little about the program and I’m hoping to find out more, I was just wondering if you knew who I should contact? And to answer your question, I would definitely choose cohort A, I would want to jump right in to it. However I know what you mean about wanting some time to work, I’m also trying to figure out how I’m going to balance my work schedule with school. But you might still be able to work while attending pre-clinic/clinic, depending on your weekly schedule! 

Congrats to you too! When I had my interview with the clinic director Dr. Rubenstein, she explained it & then I spoke to some graduate students about it afterwards. So, I would definitely email her to ask to get the most information. That’s what I was thinking, cohort A. I just wanna jump into it as they ease you in. I probably will have some time!

4 hours ago, Kandykane said:

Hey guys i was just accepted as well. Im a little confused. How do we sighn up for classes. Iv already payed my deposit but i dont know what to do next?

Hey, the letter said to contact Kathy Riley on her email saying you paid the deposit. I have a my.liu account already, but not sure if they have to activate it. I’m waiting for a reply tomorrow & I’m hoping from there we can meet with the graduate advisor. I heard he’s amazing.

On 2/24/2019 at 7:29 PM, erinmeg001 said:

Hey, the letter said to contact Kathy Riley on her email saying you paid the deposit. I have a my.liu account already, but not sure if they have to activate it. I’m waiting for a reply tomorrow & I’m hoping from there we can meet with the graduate advisor. I heard he’s amazing.

Have you been able to get in contact with the graduate advisor? I emailed him and called the office today but no answer. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, erinmeg001 said:

What cohort did you pick? I did A!

I picked B. I decided I wanted to get a feel of what grad school classes are like first then inch towards clinicals slowly. I love that they give options. I just dont like that classes are very late in the day.

hey i am in cohort C right now. it's my first year. it is very chill and relaxed. I would definitely go with B or C. With B, you get to have one semester with just academic classes and then in spring you observe in clinic. For c, it is academic courses for fall and spring then you observe in the clinic during the summer. it's really spaced out so i get to work on the side.

Edited by SpeechGoddesslol

Hi, i didnt have to do a writing sample. The interview was really chill. It was only with the director shes really nice and personable. I cant give you specific questions because thay wouldnt be fair to everyone else who interviews blindly. Just do your best and ull be fine. U had good stats since you where given an inteview!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...