OGS - Any word?

euges116

Still waiting here, too *sigh*.

This is my third (and final) kick at the cat. I was first on the reversion list last year (PhD education) but sadly, didn't move up. For those on the reversion list, you should know that they "over award" OGS funding, knowing that a certain percentage of successful applicants will turn it down.

Congratulations to those who have received good news, and thanks to everyone for posting their updates.

If nothing else, it is good to know that I'm not alone in my suffering :)

Edited by scario_canada

OGS (visa student) for me.

Congrats. There are only 60 slots for VISA students. Would you mind telling us your academic achivements (e.g. no. of publications and awards) in order to get the OGS?

It wouldn't be so bad if they would just update their website to keep us informed. It's the lack of information that's the worst.

(Well, okay, it's the waiting that's the worst, but the lack of information makes it just that much more agonizing!)

Edited by avsilver

It's pretty bad. I'm still waiting too. Was on reversion list last year. Well, actually, according to my OGS profile I still am, though I know that's finished. They didn't bother to say anything except that offers would be made up until Dec to reversion list people.

<br />If one calls the OGS number, one is greeted with a message stating results will take until the end of April to be fully submitted. Yay for speed and efficiency.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

What is the OGS number?

It's pretty bad. I'm still waiting too. Was on reversion list last year. Well, actually, according to my OGS profile I still am, though I know that's finished. They didn't bother to say anything except that offers would be made up until Dec to reversion list people.

Did you get OGS last year?

Hi all,

Today I found my OGS status as Successful Applicant.

I would like to know how to transfer/receive this OGS from other Ontario university? I am a PhD student in a university first year, now moving to other university in Ontario and will start PhD from 1st year. I applied in OGS for 2nd year PhD student which I will be in 2010-11 if I stay in the same university, but moving to other university I will be 1st year PhD student.

Can anyone help or advice in this regard? I would highly appreciate.

Thanks in advance.