What a dilemma!

My head is spinning, in the last two days I received waitlist status from my top two schools of choice and was accepted at my third choice. I’ve already made a partial deposit for my 3rd choice to reserve my seat. Now the deadlines are approaching for the remaining deposit that I owe, fees, registration.... With so little time (two weeks), I don't know if i’ll hear back from the other two waitlisted programs. Is it wise to decline my seat at the accepted school and risk the deposit money that i’ve paid so far and that I have to pay again soon... which is non refundable and the chance that I may not get accepted into the other two programs? 

Edited by SLPstudent1996

I wouldn't decline the seat at the accepted school because you really don't know where you are on the waitlist of your top 2 schools. I wouldn't take that risk unless you know for sure you'll get in the other 2 schools and really have no interest in going to the accepted school. A friend of mine got off the waitlist to her top school the day after submitting her deposit but she chose to decline the offer so you really never know.

Edited by futurespeechpath1

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. Can I ask how much more you have to pay? I know if it's an excessive amount it might feel like you're closing the door on your dream school even if you get in to it ?. Sorry you're in such a tough spot.

19 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. Can I ask how much more you have to pay? I know if it's an excessive amount it might feel like you're closing the door on your dream school even if you get in to it ?. Sorry you're in such a tough spot.

I paid $500 already, the dp is $1000. So I owe $500 plus $150 for a background check