Does anyone currently attend/is anyone considering the SLP graduate program at University of Central Florida? I was recently accepted off the waitlist but I have not heard great things about the program from my peers and from my current faculty at FSU (it is too large, very unorganized, etc.), and I was wondering if anyone had a different opinion? 

I am definitely considering attending because I have a lot of family and a part-time job opportunity in Orlando, but I am worried that the program might not be the best, based on what I've heard. 

My other option is USF in Tampa, which looks and sounds like a great program but I was initially leaning toward UCF and just really need help deciding.

Thank you in advance!

I'm interested in this post because I also applied to UCF (currently waitlisted/top choice) - I haven't heard anyone say bad things about their program! As a current FSU student, I would think FSU faculty might be a little biased ? However the school is huge and only continues to grow so it could be a bit hectic. Have you toured?

Congratulations on your acceptances!! 

19 hours ago, mel16j said:

I'm interested in this post because I also applied to UCF (currently waitlisted/top choice) - I haven't heard anyone say bad things about their program! As a current FSU student, I would think FSU faculty might be a little biased ? However the school is huge and only continues to grow so it could be a bit hectic. Have you toured?

Congratulations on your acceptances!! 

Thanks so much! I haven't toured yet, and I only have until May 6 to accept or deny their admission offer so I don't really have time to before I have to decide unfortunately. 

But I definitely agree that FSU faculty is biased lol

On 4/30/2019 at 1:37 PM, AfutureSLP2019 said:

Thanks so much! I haven't toured yet, and I only have until May 6 to accept or deny their admission offer so I don't really have time to before I have to decide unfortunately. 

But I definitely agree that FSU faculty is biased lol

Did you end up accepting your offer?

If you don't mind me asking :) 

-Miranda