Hello! 

I am a senior psychology student at Texas A&M. After graduation, I want to work in a clinical setting where I can work one on one with patients in talk therapy. Perhaps in marriage and family - more along the lines of counseling psychology. I am stuck between pursuing a Psy.D or a Master’s degree. As I’m not sure which is the better fit. 

Let me know what you guys think

If you want to conduct talk therapy as your main job, you can do that with either degree. PsyD programs are more expensive and take longer, and there are many predatory "diploma mills" that offer PsyDs. I generally give my friends the advice to go for the Master's level, but if you really have your heart set on a PsyD - you better do a TON of research on the programs you're looking at - their internship match rates, training models, reputation, etc. 

Hi there! Do you have an interest in conducting research as well? If yes, then go for a PhD in Clinical Psych or a PsyD, with the PhD being heavier on the research vs. practice side (also keeping in mind buckeyepsych's warning about diploma mills for PsyD's). However, if you're interested in clinical practice alone, you can do that with a master's degree in social work or counselling psychology. If you're interested in Marriage & Family Therapy specifically, there is an organization that lists accredited programs for that specialty.